The Student Room Group

Relationship never going to happen

Does anyone else feel like getting in a relationship for them is just never going to happen? For whatever reasons you may have, that its basically impossible and you should just come to terms that you are going to be on your own forever, but thats okay?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I feel you brother! Same here :smile: Even if there's someone I like and they like me or whatever, I feel or worry that there is always going to be a factor that will get in the way :/

But I don't think I'll be alone forever :smile:
Original post by justjake09
Does anyone else feel like getting in a relationship for them is just never going to happen? For whatever reasons you may have, that its basically impossible and you should just come to terms that you are going to be on your own forever, but thats okay?

You should develop an attitude to life where you are emotionally self-sufficient, sometimes you just have to accept your fate and walk of life.

Neediness is a repellent
(edited 9 years ago)
Yeh I accepted it a long time ago, if nothing has happened by my age it's never going to.
Reply 4
Original post by pinklillies
You should develop an attitude to life where you are emotionally self-sufficient, sometimes you just have to accept your fate and walk of life.

Neediness is a repellent

I agree but im the total opposite to that, its just other people make me think that its not normal to never be looking for someone. Im getting older and never had a realtionship. I like my own company.
Reply 5
Original post by sr90
Yeh I accepted it a long time ago, if nothing has happened by my age it's never going to.

Ive accepeted it too, since im not really so young anymore. But never say never
You'll just have to deal with the fact that people will see it as abnormal. You can never do anything about that. All you have to do is ignore it, and in fact it's all you can do.
Reply 7
Original post by xmertic
I feel you brother! Same here :smile: Even if there's someone I like and they like me or whatever, I feel or worry that there is always going to be a factor that will get in the way :/

But I don't think I'll be alone forever :smile:

Me too, whereas I do think I will be alone forever, but thats alright it wouldnt kill me to be alone.. But if theres a mutual like between you and someone then I guess dont let things in your head stop it!

Feel exactly the same way, i'm a guy and I'm taking a guess that you are too though I could be wrong in that. Of course forever is only as long as we live but that to us can seem like a long time so can seem like forever. I don't think it okay though, it sucks, basically family you know are going to pass on and go there own way to at least some extent. So not much joy to be had there, good there is technology around to improve living these days, that and keep busy I guess. Would much prefer to be in a relationship I feel but women make it a chore by being so unwilling to make any effort to reach out when they see a guy they like, so yes I do feel like that unfortunately.
There's someone out there who thinks the same as you - you never know both of you may meet and be in a relationship together? :eek:

You're talking to the right person.
Reply 11
Original post by shawn_o1
You're talking to the right person.

Im not saying Im glad that im not the only one, I mean that I feel better that I now know that I am not the only one who thinks this, which made me feel even more lonelier.

Yep, me too.What's even more depressing is that other people who don't deserve to be in a relationship (i.e people who cheat, lie, abuse etc) can get into a relationship but I can't which makes it even worse. Makes you wonder if there's something horribly wrong with you that everyone's too afraid to point out.
Im not saying Im glad that im not the only one, I mean that I feel better that I now know that I am not the only one who thinks this, which made me feel even more lonelier.

Alone =/= lonely, I kill time on this forum and a video game that I just bought
I don't get why you can't ? You can , go around and talk to girls.
Reply 15
Aye, I know the feeling...
Like looking in a mirror :biggrin:
Yes! Though I think my predicament is real (not that the rest of yours aren't!).

I'm a Muslim girl. I don't believe in sex before marriage, hence no boyfriends. Yet I won't have an arranged marriage- I'm a romantic. I don't believe in internet dating. And so I am doomed to be forever single.
Original post by CAROLAL1
I don't get why you can't ? You can , go around and talk to girls.

It's not that simple. I probably know more girls and meet more women than most men my age yet nothing has ever arisen, there's probably a damn good reason for that. Combination of no self confidence, not knowing what to do and just not being a good looking person.
Original post by sr90

jaysus what age are yeh?!:O...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending