The Student Room Group

Biology Equivalency Test

Hi All,

I've applied to a PGCE primary teaching course & have been advised by the university to complete a science equivalency test through equivalencytesting.com

I am confused about whole process & what to study. The exam is "key stage 4 higher level Science Biology" and the company advised to study edexcel syllabus & use BBC bitesize website, However the edexcel study material on the bbc website is different to that of the syllabus ET.

Im not from the UK and havent sat any GCSE exams before which I why Im confused. Has anyone done this test or can offer any advice...

Thanks!!!
I just checked the equivalency test syllabus and the BBC Bitesize edexcel topics, they are the same. There should be no problem.
Reply 2
Original post by Subat
I just checked the equivalency test syllabus and the BBC Bitesize edexcel topics, they are the same. There should be no problem.

The ET syllabus is suppose to contain the edexcel topics, however the one I have been sent by the company contains all the AQA topics that are listed on the Bitesize website under "Core Science"
Original post by chat064
The ET syllabus is suppose to contain the edexcel topics, however the one I have been sent by the company contains all the AQA topics that are listed on the Bitesize website under "Core Science"

Ah ok. I just went on the equivelancy website and downloaded the syllabus to check it. The one on their site is the same as the edexcel topics. Maybe they sent you the wrong one. Just go on: http://equivalencytesting.com/aboutus.htm and click on Science (Biology) to download the syllabus.
Reply 4
Thanks. Do you know what is the difference in AQA and Edexcel? Or who are they mainly used by?
Original post by chat064
Thanks. Do you know what is the difference in AQA and Edexcel? Or who are they mainly used by?

Well AQA and Edexcel are exam boards, schools chose which one to use for GCSEs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending