The Student Room Group

best sixth forms/colleges in east London

just wanted to see some thoughts on what are believed to be the best sixth forms/colleges in east London

Scroll to see replies

bump
- Woodford/Ilford county
- Beal Sixth Form
- Loxford
- Valentines
Original post by lilacunicorn
- Woodford/Ilford county
- Beal Sixth Form
- Loxford
- Valentines

loxford ??? never heard of it...i really like the look of beale
Are you a girl or guy?
Original post by Vixen47
Are you a girl or guy?

I'm a guy but would prefer a mixed school but i am willing to travel anywhere in London
Original post by Humzaawan123
I'm a guy but would prefer a mixed school but i am willing to travel anywhere in London

Do you know what subjects you want to do?
Original post by Vixen47
Do you know what subjects you want to do?

yep, biology chemistry and maths for definite and maybe economics ,sociology or English lit for the fourth
yep, biology chemistry and maths for definite and maybe economics ,sociology or English lit for the fourth

If English was a definite choice I'd have said consider Barking Abbey (Barking and Dagenham), otherwise City and Islington is a pretty good choice. I've also heard good things about John Cass and Seven Kings. At the end of the day the college you go to doesn't really matter so go to one you're comfortable with.
Reply 9
Original post by Vixen47
If English was a definite choice I'd have said consider Barking Abbey (Barking and Dagenham), otherwise City and Islington is a pretty good choice. I've also heard good things about John Cass and Seven Kings. At the end of the day the college you go to doesn't really matter so go to one you're comfortable with.

John Cass... LOL! speaking from experience (studying there for my A levels) John Cass is a joke. This year they literally played with the future of their students. If you're not hitting your target aspirational grade (the grade they want you to get which may even be an A*) they remove you from your exams, even if you're passing, so that their shining statistics aren't affected. The maths department has gone downhill since the long standing head of department left. Chemistry is a complete joke... I can carry on

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sjrahman
John Cass... LOL! speaking from experience (studying there for my A levels) John Cass is a joke. This year they literally played with the future of their students. If you're not hitting your target aspirational grade (the grade they want you to get which may even be an A*) they remove you from your exams, even if you're passing, so that their shining statistics aren't affected. The maths department has gone downhill since the long standing head of department left. Chemistry is a complete joke... I can carry on

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOL yeah i heard similar things from sir john cass , what subjects and grades did you get ?
Reply 11
just wanted to see some thoughts on what are believed to be the best sixth forms/colleges in east London

I went to Cambridge Heath Sixth Form, it's a very good sixth form. It opened like 3 or 4 years ago.

Let me sell it to you:
- A friend of mine went to Sir John Cass Sixth Form, and achieved EDD in his AS Levels, retook his AS Levels at Cambridge Heath Sixth Form (CHSF). He achieved AAA in Biology, Chemistry and ICT. He applied for Medicine and got an offer from King's College London EMDP course. Overall, he achieved A*AAb for Biology, Chem, ICT and AS Maths. He's Somali if you need more information.

- Another friend of mine went to Sir John Cass Sixth Form and achieved BCD in his AS Levels. He retook his AS Levels and did his A-Levels at CHSF and he achieved A*A*Ac in Maths, Chemistry, Biology and AS Psychology. He is Bengali.

- A friend of mine from my year achieved A*A*AA in Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Physics. I think she's Chinese.

- This year, two Bengali students got into Oxbridge.

I myself, will be studying at University of Bristol for Economics and Mathematics, and I achieved AAAB in Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Biology. I can't sell CHSF enough to you.
Reply 12

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah SJC is a joke. Move to CHSF man, trust me...
Original post by AnharM

whats chsf ?
Reply 14
whats chsf ?

I just quoted you man, check your notification...
This thread makes me understand how bad a choice I made going to a college with the agree person getting a D or something similar -_-
LOL yeah i heard similar things from sir john cass , what subjects and grades did you get ?

I did orite, got AAB (Maths, Physics & Chemistry) and I'll be studying ChemEng at UCL in September but a lot of people I know didn't do well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AnharM

I've finished my A levels, tbh the only reason I went there is cos its 2 mins from my house. Most of my study during A levels was independent and started 2 months before the exams LOL.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AnharM

I've heard good things about CHSF though, a lot of people choosing to go there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
I did orite, got AAB (Maths, Physics & Chemistry) and I'll be studying ChemEng at UCL in September but a lot of people I know didn't do well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was that the offer they gave to you? good luck man, have a good time at UCL

Quick Reply

Latest