The Student Room Group
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London

Adult Nurses MDX

I've seen a lot of child nurses going to mdx but not many ?

Jusr wondering who's studying adult nursing and stuff

age. ?
city/country ?

Scroll to see replies

Hey..I'm studying adult nursing, 18 from London. R u from London too or moving into accommodation? And how r u feeling about starting the course?x

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London
Reply 2
Hey,

From london 21, staying home actually don't live to far from campus so that's good.

What info have you received from mdx so far ?

I'm anxious but excited, I know it's gonna be tough but I can't wait to start wbu ?
We'll I received information about the housing fair which I didn't go too, also told that I will b receiving regular emails from them. I'm also really looking forward to starting even though I know it's gonna b an intense yr, just nervous about not making friends, whereabouts in London do u live?x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Oh okay.
Have you received info about enrolment and stuff related to actually starting ?
I live in north london, 20 mins away.

I've not seen many adult nursing students ??
We will receive information in September about early enrolment as they encourage enrolling early, although I really like the uni, I've got to say organisation and communication isn't a strong point of theirs, I mean I understand her have loads of applicants but I don't think they r dealing with applications effectively. U don't have far to travel! I haven't either, did u go to a pre induction day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
No I actually didn't go did you ? If so how was it ?
Yeah I can see that aswell I've seen post before saying that they arnt organise or great in communicating but O'well I guess.
Yeah but I heard through the forums they were meant to send info the end of this week which doesn't seem to be the case.
I think if all the documents and things required have been given and there isn't anything else required on our part then they should keep us as informed as possible like keep us excited not worried you know !
Yeh I did go and it was really good, hey explained a lot about yr 1, they also gave a list of books that if we wanted to buy, we could. Basically, during induction week we will receive offers on books, be measured for our placement uniforms and also receive deadlines for assignments. In yr 1 we will also go to a nursery and mental health placement besides placements within the adult nursing branch. 4 modules in first yr. it was really good though and they explained a lot.x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Oh wow, sounds like it was very informative. Abit scary no ? Lol

That's cool can't wait for actual induction
Yeah it does sound a little scary,lol. Only three weeks till induction week! I am also excited about that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, Im doing adult nursing as well in MDX, do you happen to know the list of books they want us to buy, because i want to get started on some light reading beforehand.

Thanks!
Reply 11
Am I the only one frustrated at how poor MDX are at communicating? It's like you e-mail them and you don't get any response. I've tried calling and an Indian man always picks up who hardly knows anything. Find it strange that a Uni outsources their calls department.
Reply 12
Original post by 123abz
Am I the only one frustrated at how poor MDX are at communicating? It's like you e-mail them and you don't get any response. I've tried calling and an Indian man always picks up who hardly knows anything. Find it strange that a Uni outsources their calls department.

Yeah i think they have been pretty **** with their communication. The reason an indian man is always picking up is probably because the admission number may be connected to the other campuses abroad, like dubai and malaysia. So i think that may be why

i called today for some info and he said we should receive our welcome/induction info tomorrow considering its the end of the week
Reply 13
Anyone bought any books yet?
MDX recommended buying it during induction week when there is offers then, during the pre induction day they gave a list of books for those who wanted to read up earlier...didnt u go?
Original post by blue diamond
MDX recommended buying it during induction week when there is offers then, during the pre induction day they gave a list of books for those who wanted to read up earlier...didnt u go?

Do you happen to know the list of books they wanted us to buy in pre induction? I didnt go so i dont really know what they want us to buy. I am very frustrated that they havent sent out welcome packs and stuff, i feel very clueless on what to do coz of the lack of communication from the uni
Reply 16
Original post by blue diamond

I was under the impression it was optional to attend the pre-induction :s-smilie: Could you post the list here?
Reply 17
Found this and this online.
Reply 18
Anybody received their enrolment details by email or through the post? I'm tired of waiting now
Phoned up on Thursday, they said they sent out a welcome pack by post on Tuesday and should b here by beginning of next week

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending