The Student Room Group

Which universities for Fashion Buying

I got BCCD at AS-level and most likely to get BBC at A-level.
My AS grades are totally below what I should've got, so I'm starting to consider what if I can't get in to my uni choices (LCF,Westminster, Manchester Met)
These ask for around 240-280 UCAS points but I assume that the higher grades you have, the more likely you get in.
What do you think?

Original post by Beej96

My AS grades are totally below what I should've got, so I'm starting to consider what if I can't get in to my uni choices (LCF,Westminster, Manchester Met)
These ask for around 240-280 UCAS points but I assume that the higher grades you have, the more likely you get in.
What do you think?

I think it's more about your passion for the subject and portfolio than grades, I got A*A*AA at A level and didn't get an offer form lcf (for design but point still stands)
indicative offers are exactly that; indicative.

the HEI is open to give you a '2E' offer if they wish

indicative offers represent an indication of the popularity of the course and typify the results of previous years entrants unless the HEI wants to manipulate the intake,

indicative offers represent an indication of the popularity of the course and typify the results of previous years entrants unless the HEI wants to manipulate the intake,
Reply 4
Original post by zippyRN

What is the HEI? 2E offer?
HEI = higher education institution

2 E offer = the minimum offer possible for year 1 entry to a degree course 2 *grade E at A2
Reply 6
Original post by zippyRN
HEI = higher education institution

2 E offer = the minimum offer possible for year 1 entry to a degree course 2 *grade E at A2

thanks! Although I think my most likely will be BBC at A-level, college predicts us our AS grades. Do you think with enough effort they'll make them higher? I receive good reports throughout the year.

My Textile coursework (grade D) is going to be looked in to as work was done again, I got a B in my exam project which is a huge jump from my coursework so questions the marking. I messed up on my English Language exam (grade D) but got a B in my coursework. I got the D in Business Studies.
Reply 7
Original post by ShannonS-J
I think it's more about your passion for the subject and portfolio than grades, I got A*A*AA at A level and didn't get an offer form lcf (for design but point still stands)

thanks! I have heard that. Any tips for personal statement?
Original post by Beej96

What do you think?

On the open day, one of the course leaders said the first thing they look at is the personal statement. If they don't like your personal statement, they reject you straight away. If they like your personal statement they look at your work experience, then grades. Gcse's are important to them.

Quick Reply

Latest