The Student Room Group

Worth remark? History IGCSE - Edexcel

So I was very surprised when I saw that I got a B in History (my other results were 10 A*s and an A). Even more so when I found out that I got 28/50 in paper 1 and 44/50 in paper 2. I felt like I did better in paper 1 than in paper 2, yet there is a 16 mark difference.

Also, I worked out that to have gotten 28/50, I'd have had to gotten half marks on everything but the first question on each topic. This is actually the worst mark I've gotten in my 2 year History course, seeing as it is half a mark above the C boundary.

So my question is, how likely is it that Edexcel has mucked up?
Reply 1
Original post by Renzhi10122
So I was very surprised when I saw that I got a B in History (my other results were 10 A*s and an A). Even more so when I found out that I got 28/50 in paper 1 and 44/50 in paper 2. I felt like I did better in paper 1 than in paper 2, yet there is a 16 mark difference.

Also, I worked out that to have gotten 28/50, I'd have had to gotten half marks on everything but the first question on each topic. This is actually the worst mark I've gotten in my 2 year History course, seeing as it is half a mark above the C boundary.

So my question is, how likely is it that Edexcel has mucked up?

If you're only half a mark off a C boundary in one of the papers I wouldn't risk it. It sucks that you've done worse than you expected, and Edexcel could well have made a mistake, but nevertheless a B is better than a C.
Original post by Bazbaz
If you're only half a mark off a C boundary in one of the papers I wouldn't risk it. It sucks that you've done worse than you expected, and Edexcel could well have made a mistake, but nevertheless a B is better than a C.

Well, I've already sent off the remark form :tongue:
I was only 1 mark away from an A overall, and I think both papers get remarked. Also, in the mocks, I got 45/50 on paper 1, and I thought that I would get around the same score in the actual exam since I did the same (maybe more) amount of revision as I did in the mocks and came out of the exam thinking that I did pretty well.
So, I think it's really unlikely that I'll drop down to a C.
Reply 3
Original post by Renzhi10122
Well, I've already sent off the remark form :tongue:
I was only 1 mark away from an A overall, and I think both papers get remarked. Also, in the mocks, I got 45/50 on paper 1, and I thought that I would get around the same score in the actual exam since I did the same (maybe more) amount of revision as I did in the mocks and came out of the exam thinking that I did pretty well.
So, I think it's really unlikely that I'll drop down to a C.

Well if it was only one mark away from an A overall then go for it totally! I didn't realise, sorry :smile:
Original post by Bazbaz
Well if it was only one mark away from an A overall then go for it totally! I didn't realise, sorry :smile:

Dw, I also forgot to put that in the first post.
has this issue been resolved?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending