The Student Room Group

brooke house vs sir george monoux

Hello, I've been accepted in two colleges. brooke house college (Bsix) and sir george monoux college. And I really don't know which one is better for my ( I want to study computer science ) and I've applied in Bsix for Maths&further maths ( Edexcel), chemistry ( AQA), Physics (OCR)
and in sir george for Maths&further maths (AQA), chemistry ( Edexcel), physics (AQA), computing ( WJEC).
which college is better for me ? according teaching and exam boards and subjects.
Thanks for your help :smile:
Original post by rewaz
Hello, I've been accepted in two colleges. brooke house college (Bsix) and sir george monoux college. And I really don't know which one is better for my ( I want to study computer science ) and I've applied in Bsix for Maths&further maths ( Edexcel), chemistry ( AQA), Physics (OCR)
and in sir george for Maths&further maths (AQA), chemistry ( Edexcel), physics (AQA), computing ( WJEC).
which college is better for me ? according teaching and exam boards and subjects.
Thanks for your help :smile:

I can't offer much help on exam boards (I took maths, further maths, chemistry and physics (and English) all on OCR) I would say Monuox offers computing which is obviously good if you'r'e thinking of studying computing but as not many schools offer it it's not like uni's will be expecting you to have it (also WJEC is not the most respected exam board). I would say monoux is meant to be a really good college I think, my mum keeps on saying it is at least.
Good luck next year! If you work hard you'll be fine anywhere
Reply 2
Original post by Scarlettplusnoir
I can't offer much help on exam boards (I took maths, further maths, chemistry and physics (and English) all on OCR) I would say Monuox offers computing which is obviously good if you'r'e thinking of studying computing but as not many schools offer it it's not like uni's will be expecting you to have it (also WJEC is not the most respected exam board). I would say monoux is meant to be a really good college I think, my mum keeps on saying it is at least.
Good luck next year! If you work hard you'll be fine anywhere

Thanks so much for your reply :smile: really appreciate it
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3545545
Just trying to get this review out there. Please feel free to share your own experiences on that page also, it would be great to get and hear other people's journeys and experiences.

Quick Reply

Latest