The Student Room Group

Bags for uni

What kind of bags are people getting for uni? Like a back pack kind of bag or shoulder bag?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
A backpack so that I can bring my laptop if and when I need it. I wouldn't recommend a shoulder bag if you plan on taking your laptop around with you a lot though. Or maybe it's because I have laptop that weighs a crazy 5.62 lbs and it just wasn't fun dragging that to class everyday. Lots of discomfort.
Reply 2
I started uni last year, but most of the time I used a backpack.
Reply 3
ive always used my hands rather than a bag. just a few notes and a document bag (small a4 one) for my stationaries and im off to class.

planning to take a duffel bag next year tho.

PS: no laptop carrying included.
Can anyone recommend any good backpacks/rucksacks that aren't too big? I've had a look around as that's what I'm planning on using but I have no idea what to pick..
Reply 5
Original post by Psyc_Girl
Can anyone recommend any good backpacks/rucksacks that aren't too big? I've had a look around as that's what I'm planning on using but I have no idea what to pick..

This is the one I've just bought: http://m.newlook.com/application/product/view?cat=309650019

Posted from TSR Mobile
A backpack is a good idea - especially if you cycle/catch public transport. Its easy to do up quickly, you can keep essentials like keys/money in the front pocket, its often got a water bottle 'bit', and its strong/hard-wearing. And its big enough to dump a pile of books and/or a laptop in and still feel comfortable on your shoulder.

Make sure you also get one that is waterproof! Avoid flimsy cotton or canvas ones for this reason - they might be nice as a holiday bag but are useless as a student bag in mid-winter. Everything will get wet and it'll fall apart by mid-term. Sports shops and 'outdoor' shops (get over your fear of Millets please....) are better places to buy than at New Look. Yes, it might seem more expensive but its worth it.
Reply 7
Shoulder bag! I'll take my vintage river island tote bag for days that only requires a notebook, pencil case and my diary; if I need to bring my folder and/or books then I'll bring my big river island bag but if I need my laptop then it'll be my Zara office city bag!
Attachment not found
(edited 9 years ago)

That's my summer everyday bag :')
One of these bad boys .
Reply 11
Original post by simplylldxo
That's my summer everyday bag :')

Haha, that's gonna be my uni bag!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've always used shoulder bags and bike panniers, depending. Just make sure that they're big enough to hold an A4 ringbinder!
Big backpack to fit laptop, notebook, stationary, coursebooks in it, it also makes a great shopping bag
depends on your course but backpack always worked for me.

Quick Reply

Latest