The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Can mature undergraduates be allocated to postgrad halls? like St Marks?

hey i'm tee, i'm 23, going into fourth year, where I'll be 24

I wasnt well in my first few years of uni hence the gap in age, (and everyone I know now has graduated) but would like to live with new people again, who are my age, I dont have a housing group, so thought halls may be a good option, however I dont want to live with first years (18 year olds), has anyone heard of undergrads being allocated to postgrad halls?

I think that might be cool to because everyone will be new, rather than be going into a private house where everyone already knows each other (dont want to be the odd bean lol), not sure if I'm making much sense, but let me know if anyone has heard of undergrads in post grad houses.

I was going to contact the university but realized its bank holiday, so not sure when the will get back to me

Tee
Reply 1
Original post by teeocty

I wasnt well in my first few years of uni hence the gap in age, (and everyone I know now has graduated) but would like to live with new people again, who are my age, I dont have a housing group, so thought halls may be a good option, however I dont want to live with first years (18 year olds), has anyone heard of undergrads being allocated to postgrad halls?

I think that might be cool to because everyone will be new, rather than be going into a private house where everyone already knows each other (dont want to be the odd bean lol), not sure if I'm making much sense, but let me know if anyone has heard of undergrads in post grad houses.

I was going to contact the university but realized its bank holiday, so not sure when the will get back to me

Tee

I am sure that the answer is no:smile: Even though you are 23 years old you need to be studying a master degree to be eligible. I am a postgraduate student from a country of EU and i had my top 1 choice St.Marks and me second at Broadcasting Tower but i ended up in my third choice of Leodis (sadly).
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Thanks for the reply, guess I'll have to look for housing else where
Reply 3
Original post by teeocty

Tee

Hey, I'm a mature student too (30 this year!) and going into my second year in Leeds. I lived in halls last year with a bunch of mature students, and now I'm moving to Central Village into a "mature student only" flat. As far as I know, every single halls allocates a number of flats to mature students. So there's no harm in asking... Give them a call and see if there is anything available.
Reply 4
Original post by Lara5
Hey, I'm a mature student too (30 this year!) and going into my second year in Leeds. I lived in halls last year with a bunch of mature students, and now I'm moving to Central Village into a "mature student only" flat. As far as I know, every single halls allocates a number of flats to mature students. So there's no harm in asking... Give them a call and see if there is anything available.

Thanks! didnt see this until now, thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest