The Student Room Group

Should I get my history gcse re-marked?

I did 'History A' edexcel. I achieved A* A A in the three exams I thought had gone badly, and a really low C in the sources paper, which I was sure had gone well... :frown:

I've got A's in all mock sources papers we've done at school, and I'm so confused. I really want an A in history as I'm taking it for AS level and I love it so much. Should I get it re-marked? I'm really close to the A as all the others were secure A/A*.
Reply 1
Original post by AdAbsurdum
I did 'History A' edexcel. I achieved A* A A in the three exams I thought had gone badly, and a really low C in the sources paper, which I was sure had gone well... :frown:

I've got A's in all mock sources papers we've done at school, and I'm so confused. I really want an A in history as I'm taking it for AS level and I love it so much. Should I get it re-marked? I'm really close to the A as all the others were secure A/A*.

Speak to your teacher about it. They may be able to access a break down on the marks you got on questions. Since the deadline for remarks is the 20th September you have time.

Overall how far away are you from that A?
Reply 2
Original post by 8472
Speak to your teacher about it. They may be able to access a break down on the marks you got on questions. Since the deadline for remarks is the 20th September you have time.

Overall how far away are you from that A?

Yeah, that seems like a good idea, thank you. I'm not certain what this means, but I was told I need 320 for an A, and I've got 313. I'm in shock that an exam I thought had gone brilliantly was in fact so poor :frown:
Reply 3
Yeah, that seems like a good idea, thank you. I'm not certain what this means, but I was told I need 320 for an A, and I've got 313. I'm in shock that an exam I thought had gone brilliantly was in fact so poor :frown:

So you were quite close to the grade boundary.

These are the grade boundaries:

Spoiler

Reply 4
Original post by 8472
So you were quite close to the grade boundary.

These are the grade boundaries:

Spoiler

Thanks for your help. I got 63 ums in 'A divided union'. I'm almost sure that I didn't do that badly, unless I misread a question or omitted a question completely. Only a re-mark will tell :smile:

I'm also doing german for AS level, and I managed to achieve 237 ums (an A is 240) after starting it from scratch in year 10. Is one of the units for that worth a re-mark too?
Reply 5

I'm also doing german for AS level, and I managed to achieve 237 ums (an A is 240) after starting it from scratch in year 10. Is one of the units for that worth a re-mark too?

Depends on the units you're thinking about and how you feel you have done on them individually. Is there one of these you feel you didn't do as well as you thought on?

But doing an AS in year 10 and getting is B is amazing. :eek:
Reply 6
Original post by 8472
Depends on the units you're thinking about and how you feel you have done on them individually. Is there one of these you feel you didn't do as well as you thought on?

But doing an AS in year 10 and getting is B is amazing. :eek:

Haha sorry, wasn't clear, I mean I'm starting German AS level in septemeber! Alongside History, Politics and English Literature :smile:

I got A A B B in the different units, so it's pretty consistent. I'm at a loss regarding which bit I should get re-marked though as a result. I'll ask my German teacher and see what she thinks. :smile:
Do remember that results can go down as well as up. Your teachers are the best people to advise you.
Reply 8
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Do remember that results can go down as well as up. Your teachers are the best people to advise you.

Yeah, that is a worry, but the two I'm considering a re-mark for are high B's, so I would hope that it's unlikely it'll go down to a C... but who knows with Aqa or Edexcel. Thanks :smile: I will definitely ask their opinion first

Quick Reply

Latest