The Student Room Group

What grade can I expect to get at A-level?

I got an A* in chemistry at GCSE and I was just wondering what A-level grade I am likely to achieve? I know it all depends on the person and the school etc but I'm just looking for what grades other people have achieved at A-level who got the same grade as me at GCSE.
Really depends how you handle A-Level. I've seen people at my Sixth Form who got 8A*s + and scrape an A at AS. Likewise I've seen people who get 0 A*s get an A at AS as well. Some people are naturally smart at GCSE and get caught out at AS level, and some people put in the work. But I would say you are capable of getting an A at AS.
Reply 2
It really depends on the person. I got a B at GCSE but then got a comfortable A at AS level. Whereas many of my friends who got A* at GCSE got as low as e/d!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got A* like yourself *high five* and got an A at AS (263/300 - 240 for an A)
But same as the other guys are saying, people who got A*s have got Cs/Ds etc.
Did you find it easy at GCSE?
If you got an A* through months of revision then I would lower your expectations as to what you'll get, as you may have to work very hard again.
If it all just clicked and you did hardly any revision then you will probably get an A.
Its a whole different kettle of fish, I got 90% in all my GCSE chemistry modules with no revision, and I found I had to work harder this year.
Best of luck:biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
I got an A* at GCSE like yourself and got an A at A-level. Same goes for a few of my friends, with a few getting an A* but I also know people with A* at GCSE who ended up getting below a D at AS. So yeah you really can get any grade.

Quick Reply

Latest