The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 1
I don't think you would have lost your room if you sent the form on time, I sent it the same day i got it and i haven't had anything else about my accommodation yet from aston, but i'm not expecting anything either, i just assumed i had the room on the form....
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
When was the deadline?
Reply 3
Same here, i sent mine recorded delivery just to be on the safe side. I even enclosed an first class stamped address envelope for the reciept thing as well but i just did so i knew my place was confirmed and that they have recieved my letter.

But still i havent heard from them and am quite worried at this point but i feel a bit better knowing others still havent received it yet so yeh, i guess were all on the same boat.
Reply 4
I put an stamped addressed envelope in with mine and still haven't got anything back either!

All I have had from them is that and this pack thing with info on when enrolment is etc.
Reply 5
wowowowowooooa there
what thingy with enrolment things on. i dont think i have one of them, i dont think i have confirmed my place but i had it as my firm choice in the first place so i dont think i have to. they sent me accomodation stuff and i sent it back with the cheque. there are many bits of paper and forms, im not sure if ive done them all.
more to the point when do we get our monidero? im feelin the need for some serious spending down the bullring... on errrrr groceries of course.
Reply 6
i dint get no enrolment pack either?
Reply 7
I just got the enrollment pack a few days back, no fret! As for the reciept for accomodation, you dont get one...i emailed and they sed they dont do that...so stop worrying everyone....and if your ever in doubt emailing them is always easy and the accomodation team always replys quickly! A real nice bunch of people!
Reply 8
I wish they'd actually TOLD us we wouldn't be getting a confirmation!
Reply 9
Didn't your Accomodation deposit go out of your bank? That's how I knew I had got in halls.
But then, i'm a 'mature' student so it's probably different for you guys.
eva_almon
wowowowowooooa there
what thingy with enrolment things on. i dont think i have one of them, i dont think i have confirmed my place but i had it as my firm choice in the first place so i dont think i have to. they sent me accomodation stuff and i sent it back with the cheque. there are many bits of paper and forms, im not sure if ive done them all.
more to the point when do we get our monidero? im feelin the need for some serious spending down the bullring... on errrrr groceries of course.

Yeah I just meant that pink form thing and deposit. and i did get a pack of stuff. Lol, how many more flippin' bits of paper can they possibly send us? My bedroom looks like a royal mail sorting office - buit less organised!

Anyway, it's ok, cos I rang and they confirmed mine was there. They said they're having a backlog in the finance department and that we'll all get our reciepts or whatever soon. Panic Over! Thanks for your reassurance though =P Nice to know others are in the same boat
Reply 11
Hmmm, I haven’t received anything off the uni yet, I got my AS12 letter confirming my place. As for accommodation I’ve had nothing through yet (don’t even know what room I’m in). I emailed yesterday and they said “An offer of accommodation will be sent to you shortly.” Like all things they usually work out in the end, but I am worried that ill be put with all the older final year students.
Was Aston your insurance choice? (J4ME5)
Reply 13
Recieved my enrolment pack today as well and some info on freshers week. Theres so much info to take in as well as well as the amount of paperwork ive got.
Reply 14
thebrightestcrayon
Was Aston your insurance choice? (J4ME5)

Nope firm, but I had to wait an additional two weeks to get my unconditional because they required a GCSE result, track was updated on Aug 31st (last thursday). Accommodation only give out offers once you have an unconditional offer.
I am reeeeally confused.
Everywhere on here it says that you can move in on the 23rd, but all the info i've had only mentioned the 24th..
I've rang Aston today and asked what the deal is for Stafford people, and no joy, so emailed the residence officer person. She said it should state in the top right hand corner of my offer which date to move in by?
Is the offer the pink letter? 'Cause if so I have returned it with the cheque...was I just meant to cut a slip off the bottom or something?
Also has anyone else noticed if their cheque has been cashed yet? Mine's not come out of my account...and i'm panicking in case they haven't received it!
Please help a confuddled person :redface:)
Reply 16
I would move in from the 23rd if you can - thats the day you pay from so might as well if you can plus it gives you longer to pack. Thats what im planning on doing.

I havent herard from the accomandation office as well. I dont think many has. Im pretty sure as well that there wasnt a tear off slip as i read over that letter 3 times otherwise i would have seen it. All i can say is that weve just got to wait a bit longer i guess.
I think she said they haven't cleared all the cheques yet. But don't quote me on it. No, you were meant to send the whole form back. According to what I've read, we can move in either day that weekend. You don't miss much if you don't turn up til the 24th but apparently lots of people are moving in on 23rd. I'm planning to move in on 23rd.
I think she said they haven't cleared all the cheques yet. But don't quote me on it. No, you were meant to send the whole form back. According to what I've read, we can move in either day that weekend. You don't miss much if you don't turn up til the 24th but apparently lots of people are moving in on 23rd. I'm planning to move in on 23rd.
Reply 19
:>.<: BRAIN PAIN!!
Lol I really dont know whats going on anymore except for the fact that Ive got a reply to my email saying I have my room.
Dint get any packs through the mail *sigh* and im off in 2weeks
:biggrin: fun!

Latest