The Student Room Group

He hides phone

When I first dated my fella little did I realise he was still sending his ex dirty messages, to be fair she didn't respond back sexually. He cut contact with her and agreed he was wrong at the time, then said I shouldn't snoop through his things. Now he takes his phone everywhere with him, even to the toilet.

Recently he told me to ring his parents in the car, when I scrolled down he had added some new numbers and one was lettered 'A', he never had any numbers who started with 'A' before and its really bugging me why he wouldn't give that number a name.:frown: I didn't want to ask as he would probably say I didn't trust him.

Scroll to see replies

Well if you don't ask you'll never know. If he is doing the dirty and seeing someone else you'd sooner know right?
Reply 2
Anonymous
When I first dated my fella little did I realise he was still sending his ex dirty messages, to be fair she didn't respond back sexually. He cut contact with her and agreed he was wrong at the time, then said I shouldn't snoop through his things. Now he takes his phone everywhere with him, even to the toilet.

Recently he told me to ring his parents in the car, when I scrolled down he had added some new numbers and one was lettered 'A', he never had any numbers who started with 'A' before and its really bugging me why he wouldn't give that number a name.:frown: I didn't want to ask as he would probably say I didn't trust him.

I can understand why you're feeling insecure about him doing dirty texts to ex as he did admit before. Relationship is based on trust, tell him how you feel and ask - there is no harm in doing so,after all he is your boyfriend.

Hope that helps

:suith: Sezkin:suith:
Reply 3
get a new sim card, pretend to be his ex. send him dirty text messages, see if he responds

good game gentlemen!
But if his exes number is stored in his phone, then he'll get this other message claiming to be from his ex and probably won't believe it...
Reply 5
it could be something but could be nothing.

when i meet someone but i've forgotten their name and need their number, i get their number but just type in something random.

also, i use my phone to save things like booking reference numbers for cinema tickets. also, sometimes i get a random number which i need to call but can't be assed to give it a proper name. but maybe that's just me.
Reply 6
silence
it could be something but could be nothing.

when i meet someone but i've forgotten their name and need their number, i get their number but just type in something random.

also, i use my phone to save things like booking reference numbers for cinema tickets. also, sometimes i get a random number which i need to call but can't be assed to give it a proper name. but maybe that's just me.

Thats's a really good point!

The person who said pretending to be someone else is a bad idea, as he changed his number cos of his ex and that is just being as deceitful.
Reply 7
you know u want to.

it will work

1 - new sim card
2 - first message is just a simple "i got a new number"
3 - wait a few hours
4 - badass dirty messages
5 - wait for reply
6 - if hes clean, send him another text saying "by the way, im not actually your ex, im her friend, but i really like you and was too embarrassed".
7 - never message it again

mwhahahhahahahha
Just casually ask him. I'm that nosy if I saw something like that I'd say, "oh who's A?" simple as that...:biggrin:
Reply 9
even if he tells her its a friend, she wont belive him and his susipicous level increases. She clearly doesnt fully trust him anyway.
But then if you haven't got trust what have you got?
Reply 11
a deceitfully open relationship?
Reply 12
hes already shown to not be trustworthy when he sends dirty text messages to his ex to be honest, if u need closure or to see if hes moved on, id use this. but beware of reprisals..
Reply 13
He's being unfair. Trust is something that has to be earned, not something that he can just demand of you when he's already betrayed you in the past. By being like that with his ex and then just giving you more reasons to be suspicious, how are you meant to trust him? I suggest you sit him down and tell him this, and if his reaction is an aggressive one you know that he's really not worth it.
I've put things under 'A' before so that if my phone was unlocked in my bag and dialled the first number it wouldn't work therefore didn't waste my precious pennies! Also I know people who use fake names in phones to save passwords and pins for things-so it might be totally innocent.
All this worrying is a bit of a waste of your life, to be honest. Nobody stores somebody as "A" in their phone unless they want to keep the identity a secret.

You obviously don't trust him, hun. Do yourself a favour and be happy with somebody worth your trust.
Reply 16
Anonymous

well i have an "A" saved in my memory. it doesnt actually have a number with it. thats cos my phones really stupid and kept unlocking itself and calling the first name on my list!! and it cost me quite a lot of money when it kept doing this! so i put a name with no number at the beginning. maybe hes done the same? unlikely but possible.

well hes right that hes entitled to his privacy. my ex never used to like me looking at his phone, so i didnt because i respect his privacy. however he wasnt so obsessed with it as your bf seems to be! it is a bit weird if hes always sooo careful for you not to see his phone. but maybe hes just scared of letting you into his life too much and wants to keep some things to himself. if you're really worried about this, the only thing you can do is talk to him. its not going to do anyone any good if you sneekily look at his phone. like you found this contact, you probably feel you cant ask him about it, because he'll be cross you looked at his phone! if you keep looking, you'll probably see things but you dont dare ask him about it because you wont want him to know you were looking at his phone! so i think you probably just need to talk to him and ask him why he keeps hiding his phone from you. tell him you dont mind him having his privacy and everything, but its making you a bit paranoid that maybe somethings going on. see what he says to that. if nothings going on and he cares about you then he'll probably give you the phone to look at so that you can calm your fears! if he still hides it then maybe you should start worrying a bit.
Reply 17
Ask him, but if he doesn't trust you and gets upset then you opened up this can of worms yourself. Why did you snoop in his text messages in the first place?
Reply 18
oh and another thing, it may just be that hes a bit of a flirt and is worried you'll take some of his messages the wrong way. he may just have a bit of a flirty relationship with some girl mates, and some of the texts could be a little bit flirty, but nothings going on. however he knows that most gfs would take it the wrong way!
Reply 19
theflcgal
well i have an "A" saved in my memory. it doesnt actually have a number with it. thats cos my phones really stupid and kept unlocking itself and calling the first name on my list!! and it cost me quite a lot of money when it kept doing this! so i put a name with no number at the beginning. maybe hes done the same? unlikely but possible.

well hes right that hes entitled to his privacy. my ex never used to like me looking at his phone, so i didnt because i respect his privacy. however he wasnt so obsessed with it as your bf seems to be! it is a bit weird if hes always sooo careful for you not to see his phone. but maybe hes just scared of letting you into his life too much and wants to keep some things to himself. if you're really worried about this, the only thing you can do is talk to him. its not going to do anyone any good if you sneekily look at his phone. like you found this contact, you probably feel you cant ask him about it, because he'll be cross you looked at his phone! if you keep looking, you'll probably see things but you dont dare ask him about it because you wont want him to know you were looking at his phone! so i think you probably just need to talk to him and ask him why he keeps hiding his phone from you. tell him you dont mind him having his privacy and everything, but its making you a bit paranoid that maybe somethings going on. see what he says to that. if nothings going on and he cares about you then he'll probably give you the phone to look at so that you can calm your fears! if he still hides it then maybe you should start worrying a bit.

The one time he let her use his phone she got this suspicious over an A. 0_o. Maybe he had some justification?

Latest

Trending

Trending