The Student Room Group

please help... Fine Art AS Level?

for my fine art A level starting this September (just finished my GCSEs) we got the theme of viewpoints. My summer assignment involves researching this theme and finding at least 4 artists who will inspire my own work.
But the way my teacher explained the whole theme is waaaay too vague as always, hah.:colondollar:
I just don't understand what to do.
I've got pictures of nature, pictures of people... but i'm just lost.

what does 'viewpoints' mean to you?
i would appreciate any help or advice.
Well art can mean anything you want it to mean. But if I were doing that project these might be some of my ideas:
-the world from the viewpoint of different creatures e.g. flies, insects, cats dogs etc
-viewpoints as in opinions and thoughts, you could go down a political route?
-you could look at novels and periods in history where people's viewpoint is skewed due to brainwashing (novels like 1984 or Animal farm, if you're into literature)
-if you're into science you could look at the earth from the viewpoint of space or from a plane or something. You could compare cities with how they look like from a plane (or the Shard for London)

These are just a few ideas but really you could do anything! Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by subjunctivehistorian
Well art can mean anything you want it to mean. But if I were doing that project these might be some of my ideas:
-the world from the viewpoint of different creatures e.g. flies, insects, cats dogs etc
-viewpoints as in opinions and thoughts, you could go down a political route?
-you could look at novels and periods in history where people's viewpoint is skewed due to brainwashing (novels like 1984 or Animal farm, if you're into literature)
-if you're into science you could look at the earth from the viewpoint of space or from a plane or something. You could compare cities with how they look like from a plane (or the Shard for London)

These are just a few ideas but really you could do anything! Good luck :smile:

wow, those are great suggestions, thank you!
i hadn't thought of the world from the viewpoint of different creatures, good idea!

I did consider political viewpoints and such, and i have a couple pictures that would go with it but i don't know of many artists specifically who would fit in with that.
Ahh yes, books like Animal Farm are great, these are all great suggestions. i guess i could use distortion effects to represent that!

I was thinking of doing David Hockney-esque landscapes but with more psychedelic colours?
So many ideas, but i guess my problem is that i'm not sure how i would incorporate it into fine art and how i would represent it?

Quick Reply

Latest