The Student Room Group

Anyone not a celiac but gone gluten free?

So yeah same as above, has anyone else gone gluten free who isnt a celiac? For health reasons/weight loss?
Nobody is that stupid. If you want to lose weight, exercise and stop eating crap.
Why would you do that?
I have - it's helped me enormously. I did as part of an elimination diet along with dairy. I have the odd gluten based product and def. feel the effects of it after.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Unless you have an intolerance, why would you want give up gluten? I'm on a wheat free diet which us similar. Eating out is a pain.
Had a Chinese meal last night..think my body didn't like as had pains all day and felt quite poorly. So best I cut that out now. Gluten is high in Chinese I realise. And I had dairy ice cream so that prob finished me off.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Quiet _One86
Had a Chinese meal last night..think my body didn't like as had pains all day and felt quite poorly. So best I cut that out now. Gluten is high in Chinese I realise. And I had dairy ice cream so that prob finished me off.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It may have been something else you ate?
Studies have shown that going gluten-free when not a celiac doesn't nothing for your health.
Original post by OU Student
It may have been something else you ate?

Too much of a good thing comes to mind :smile: still since cutting gluten out I've felt more energised and less bloated.
Yeah, my step dad needed to for health reasons, so no gluten in this household :P
I make a mean gluten free brownie - every time comes out chocolatey and gooey :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Perhaps you just ate too much Chinese food and ice cream?

There really is no point in cutting stuff out unless you're actually, genuinely intolerant of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mushi_master
Perhaps you just ate too much Chinese food and ice cream?

There really is no point in cutting stuff out unless you're actually, genuinely intolerant of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah :smile: thanks for that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I really don't understand why people bother cutting it out unless you have an intolerance? If you're trying to improve your health and wellbeing: exercise and more vegetables.
ASAP science did a video showing why there's no point in cutting out gluten unless you have intolerance to it.
Reply 15
Too much of a good thing comes to mind :smile: still since cutting gluten out I've felt more energised and less bloated.

Maybe you're intolerant but just not celiac? I was having some problems and my doctor suggested that I cut gluten out and see if I felt and improvement, and I did.

If you're not intolerant there are no benefits to a gluten free diet, really.
Original post by laridum
Maybe you're intolerant but just not celiac? I was having some problems and my doctor suggested that I cut gluten out and see if I felt and improvement, and I did.

If you're not intolerant there are no benefits to a gluten free diet, really.

I'm being tested at the minute.. But I have a focus of my other health condition of CFS/ME! I've suffered great IBS like symptoms for as long as I can remember. I feel slightly better tbh re cutting the two dietary things out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest