The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Still waiting on accommodation?

Thought I would start this just to see if there's anyone still waiting like me.

I applied on August 15th. Getting nervous now, anyone else out there?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah it's terribly unlikely to get halls through clearing as they're giving them to people who applied in July (probably btech students)... But they can guarantee a student house during the housing fair where basically we have to make friends quickly and get a house together...let the games begin phah
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Reply 2
Funny enough one of my friends got an accommodation place (she applied on results day) and spoken to one other who got one and he applied the day after results day. I applied that friday too so fingers crossed but it would be good for those of us without accommodation to get talking and prepare for the housing fair.
Reply 3
Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah really? I applied the day after too like you... God that would be brilliant, but at least we have this to start chatting. I'm gonna study Physics what are you studying?
Reply 4
Original post by LSG
Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah really? I applied the day after too like you... God that would be brilliant, but at least we have this to start chatting. I'm gonna study Physics what are you studying?

We may get lucky then! International Relations and American Studies. Yeah it's nice to talk to people in the same situation.
Reply 5
hey guys, I am in the same situation! have you heard back from accommodation yet?
Reply 6
Original post by fashman
hey guys, I am in the same situation! have you heard back from accommodation yet?

They open tomorrow after the bank holiday. We should all hear back by Wednesday. I want halls but LSG actually got me excited about having a house, so we shouldn't worry either way.
Reply 7
yeah I definitely want halls but I applied so late, apparently houses are not too far from the uni anyway :smile:
Reply 8
Yeah I think Wednesday is like the deadline day that we will know. I suppose halls is just like a right of passage but I'm excited for either now to be honest :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I've been looking on StudentPad and some of the houses actually look awesome. Easy to forget in a house you get a lounge, bigger bedroom etc etc. My only issue is how late the Housing Fair/Meet up thing is to be honest.
****. I read somewhere on their website they update the accommodation every Wednesday... I left it a couple days after clearing til I applied so I'm probably screwed :L I was looking forward to student halls dang :'D
Reply 11
Yeahthats what I've been told by my friends who are already in uni, that a house is actually better. It's annoying it's so late but at least they do guarantee we can get accommodation

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm on a 2 month vacation and wont be back to go to the housing fair thing. Pray for me.
Reply 13
I'm sure you can find people who have a room if you don't get accommodation. The applicant page on FB is good for that.
Reply 14
If anyone doesn't get accom and wants to sort it out early we have Room available in ahouse of 6. It's on Bryn road, 5 mins walk away from the uni and 10away from town. £65 a week without bills. Nice house, perfectlocation, can set up a viewing if you would like.
Reply 15
I've just come off the phone to one of the staff who deals with the accommodation side of things. She's suggested to wait until tomorrow to find out whether an opportunity has come about and if not, to then talk to people who are in a similar situation to us on their facebook page.
Reply 16
Do you know what the fb page is...tried finding it but couldn't find it. There's the housing fair where you can meet with other first years and the uni will help you sort out accommodation, but it's good to start chatting to people beforehand anyway :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
She didn't tell me what the page was called but I'm guessing it's the Swansea University page. Have you joined the Swansea Applicants 2014 group?
Reply 18
Hi im in the same position, i applied on results day. hopefully we will find out tomorrow. I really hope i get into halls. i think id feel a little left out in a shared house. when is the housing fair?
Reply 19
I have joined that group yeah :smile: I think they might make a group on the Thursday for people who didn't get spaces. The housing fair is on the 8th and 9th of September. It would be great to have halls but there are perks to having a house like more room, a lounge, better place for parties etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest