The Student Room Group

Retaking while at Uni

Basically i have Grade C at GCSE Maths, not because I'm an idiot but more of i was younger and really didn't care about grades then.

But i applied for Economics At Uni Of Leicester and they offered me a place providing that i get ABB and a grade B GCSE at maths.

Results day came i ended up getting BBD and got a C again at GCSE Maths because i didn't revise for it as i was more focused on my A2 exams.
I Got the D in English Literature :frown:

Because of this I didn't get my firm nor my insurance which was Uni of Reading.

So I had to go through Clearing and got a place at Uni of Hertfordshire starting in september 2014.

But i am not happy with getting in to this uni when i had a chance to study at at a top 20 uni and I plan to get a First in my first year and hopefully transfer to a much better Uni. Ie: City, Queen Mary, Royal Holloway.

Now im wondering is it worth it to retake GCSE Maths in November while studying at Uni and Retake English A2 exam in June, Privately?

Because as far as i have heard when transferring to a better uni they ask for your A-level grades and I'm worried they won't accept me with BBD so want to retake the D for a B. and the C grade at GCSE Maths is really holding me back to Transfer to a better uni.

What should I do? Would you advise me to retake or do you think the work load is too much?

Quick Reply

Latest