The Student Room Group

Applying to universities abroad (from the UK)

I understand that you can apply to a max. of 5 universities through UCAS but for applying to universities that are abroad is there a limit to how many you can apply to?
Reply 1
Original post by Jamiestudent
I understand that you can apply to a max. of 5 universities through UCAS but for applying to universities that are abroad is there a limit to how many you can apply to?

There may be limits within individual countries (as there is in the UK) but otherwise no, it's just however many you can be bothered doing the paperwork for. If it's Medicine you're looking to apply for, remember that you can only use four of your five choices on Medicine courses on UCAS.
There is no limit, as they are all separate applications and not done through UCAS. Individual countries may have their own application process which may limit the number of applications within that country (I think maybe Italy is like this? A national application scheme and you then rank universities in order of preference). Remember that if you are applying for medicine in the UK, only 4 of your 5 choices can be for medicine, and the 5th choice can either be left blank or used for another course, eg. some people chose to apply for biomedical science as well as a back-up.
Reply 3
oh ok, sorry if it was a dumb question but really helpful answers thanks :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending