The Student Room Group

Tips To Get Out Of Friendzone

I thoght id make this topic as loads of my uni friends have asked me this. My course is a little bit geeky. And i know some people will think im a pr*** after reading this but i dont care it is how it is.

I didnt really know this friendzone thing was an issue until i got to uni, lot of boys here come from privately educated backgrounds so had a way different social life to me.

Lot of boys seem to for some reason think if they listen to the girl do everything she says, they think shes gonna like you more. People who always use words like please and thank you and wow with girls. They end up seeing you as some kind of mate that always says the right thing and is always 'there' for them.

To get out of this friendzone thing u need to start acting differently. I dont know why but girls aint looking for nice arse kissing guys.

Firstly u need to shorten your texts. If she writes u a paragraph you reply with one word answers. It will piss her of but trust me she will want to talk to you more.

You need to also get angry with her once or twice when shes being awkward, use a couple of swear words or just say blatently 'what are u playing at?, swear down your p***ing me of'.

Make sure you know other girls, especially make sure your on friendly terms with her close best friends.

And dont compliment her like crazy. Say you look ok today, or yeah your alright.

Oh and compliment other girls when your around her. Im not saying you should be a player but it helps to keep her attached.

And ignore her texts every now and then like just dont reply. Also order her a little, dont say 'it would be nice if u came to see me tomorrow', say 'come see me tomorrow'.

I once said to a girl (who was pretty) but i said your butters. She came back and found me afterwards and we spent good time together. And dont like every picture on her fb and insta, just one or two.

So im really sorry if i offended any one, but this is the way ive seen it from my experience.

Scroll to see replies

You should start your own PUA course :borat:
A real man realises the friend zone is actually a myth put forward by self pitying males who are insistent on finding an excuse for their failings as opposed to actually making changes in their own life.
Ask her if she wants to bang
****tiest advice ever. If it has worked for someone, it's probably because he's good looking. For the average/mildly unattractive guy, I think all girls on here will say that what the OP proposes is a disaster (then he'll reply that girls lie and don't know what they want, etc, etc...so threads like these are pretty much a waste of time)
Never done any of those things.

Never had any trouble with women.

I am (what I would like to believe) a stereotypical nice guy, and 3 nice women have asked me out already.
Reply 6
Original post by Cornelius
****tiest advice ever. If it has worked for someone, it's probably because he's good looking. For the average/mildly unattractive guy, I think all girls on here will say that what the OP proposes is a disaster (then he'll reply that girls lie and don't know what they want, etc, etc...so threads like these are pretty much a waste of time)

Erm how can u say this is **** advise when i have actually advised people and it helped them.

People always complain about this like everyday. End up being too nice for the girl. Trust me ask the girls if this is true, i dont have to argue with you as it is a fact based experience.
(edited 9 years ago)
I think it really depends on the girl. When guys try the text thing and reply with one word, I just lose interest as I think he's not into it either. This will backfire you know, you should be yourself, not try to be a douche but like you said, don't kiss up either. Be yourself and if the person likes you for that, it will work out.
Agree with OP most girls will not find it attractive if you live your life for her. You have to live your life for you =ambition=attractive. If everything you do is for her and you ALWAYS put her first then you lower your own self worth below hers.
But friendzone itself is stupid, if a girl doesn't find you attractive in that way she isn't going to have sex with you, same way if you dont find other guys attractive you won't have sex with them.
Reply 9
Original post by Taylorluke94
Instead of going through all of that, why not actually work on yourself and become a man who is friend zoning girls himself because of his high SMV. Lift, read, improve your style and work on yourself for yourself.

Oh, and that girl you're trying to escape the friend zone with? She is one of a million.

What girl? are you talking to me or someone else?

what is SMV?

And I dont think you understood, I have helped my uni mates with my advise, after all they asked me, and thats why I made this thread.

And please, spare me advise on girls, I know im not the nicest of people, I dont believe in relationships and I dont believe in female friends. I wouldnt be friends with a girl in the sense how I am with my mates, because girls just go on about hair and makeup and clothes. For me anyway, girls only make good girlfriends, nothing else.

And im going to sound blunt but what the heck, I find it a little funny when I see a guy being really good 'friends' with a really pretty buff girl. You can see it in his eyes he wants to bang but you know she just dont see him that way and then he bends over backwards thinking shes gonna want him, naaa mate I will never let a girl dictate or boss me around.
Don't forget:

Always wear a fedora

Never shave your neckbeard

Also surefire ways of getting out of the "friendzone" :borat:
Oh and I forgot to add,

before you start things with the girl you want, ask out one of her friends who already has a boyfriend. Dont worry about rejection or whatever, but word will get out quick and the girl you originally want will know you aint there to mess about.

I dont wanna blow on my own trumpet but I think im getting good at giving out advise - im surprised no one has commented saying thanks mate, infact for some reason Ive been getting hate messages here.
Original post by Democracy
Don't forget:

Always wear a fedora

Never shave your neckbeard

Also surefire ways of getting out of the "friendzone" :borat:

can someone please explain to me why everyone talks about fedora and neckbeard on TSR recently? I dont really come here too often, only when I get angry with life or a relationship problem, and these problem you cant really talk to with your real life mates, then I come and vent on here.
Original post by Anonymous
Oh and I forgot to add,

before you start things with the girl you want, ask out one of her friends who already has a boyfriend. Dont worry about rejection or whatever, but word will get out quick and the girl you originally want will know you aint there to mess about.

I dont wanna blow on my own trumpet but I think im getting good at giving out advise - im surprised no one has commented saying thanks mate, infact for some reason Ive been getting hate messages here.

Am I the only one here who thinks that the concept of the "friendzone" just increases he myth that males and females can't be platonic friends?

Also, trying to attract other girls to make your main target jealous only works if they buy into that, or think you're on the same social level as them. If you're lower down the social level, you will look like a moron.
Your thread needs retitling "Tips To Come Across As A Massive Bellend"

P.s. "You look ok today" isn't a compliment lol
I think this will only work for guys who actually have some kind of chemistry with the girl and who the girl actually finds attractive? Even then though, telling me that I look merely 'ok' isn't going to get me interested in you, it's going to put me off you because it'd make me think that you clearly don't think I'm all that good looking, it's not going to make me think "oh wow he really fancies me but he's just trying to play it cool" :rolleyes: Before we were going out my boyfriend (who was worried about being friendzoned) called me beautiful often and he still does. If he'd just said "yeah, you look alright I guess" I don't think we'd be together. Despite us having an obvious romantic chemistry it would have made me think he wasn't that bothered or attracted to me.

If she isn't interested in going out with you, you can follow your own advice as much as you like but the likelihood is that she never will be. You can't make someone be romantically interested in you.
(edited 9 years ago)
Useful advice for me. I'm too nice of a person :lol:
Original post by BlueSheep32
I think this will only work for guys who actually have some kind of chemistry with the girl and who the girl actually finds attractive? Even then though, telling me that I look merely 'ok' isn't going to get me interested in you, it's going to put me off you because it'd make me think that you clearly don't think I'm all that good looking, it's not going to make me think "oh wow he really fancies me but he's just trying to play it cool" :rolleyes: Before we were going out my boyfriend (who was worried about being friendzoned) called me beautiful often and he still does. If he'd just said "yeah, you look alright I guess" I don't think we'd be together. Despite us having an obvious romantic chemistry it would have made me think he wasn't that bothered or attracted to me.

If she isn't interested in going out with you, you can follow your own advice as much as you like but the likelihood is that she never will be. You can't make someone be romantically interested in you.

Sure, I understand this might not work with you because of course we are all different.

But as I said, from my experience this is how I explained to my friends. This girl in my course was using a guy in my course to help with homework and things. Obviously he told me he was really really into her, but I could tell she just saw him as a friend and used him for homework. He asked me for help because he assumed I could help him.

Im just a normal cocky type of guy that likes to make cheeky jokes, but when I was younger I just noticed I would get more attention from girls than my friends. I wouldnt say im 10/10 male model type looks, I get alot of likes from girls on insta and receive love emoticons whatever, but my point is I dont personally think Im more attractive than my male friends.

But looking back I realised my friends were a bit more quiet, tried to be nice to girls where as I would literally tell girls to p off, and f*** themselves (i know it sounds bad but I did it on a jokey way), and I would always tease and take the piss out of girls and then they would ask me out after I made them feel like sh**. I even remember got attention from the best looking girls in my year group, even the ones that wernt in my lessons or band.

So from my personal experience, yes I have to say these things worked for me. Obviously by accident at first because I didnt really like girls in year 7, but then over the years Ive fine tuned my ways. Me and my non uni friends compete to see how many girls we can pull, I dont always win, but I have a good consistent record.

I also noticed when I first got together with a girl, her friends were somehow automatically into me. And yeah I have been interested in girls who have boyfriends, and then got together with her friends to get to her.
Original post by andrew2209
Am I the only one here who thinks that the concept of the "friendzone" just increases he myth that males and females can't be platonic friends?

Also, trying to attract other girls to make your main target jealous only works if they buy into that, or think you're on the same social level as them. If you're lower down the social level, you will look like a moron.

I dont get your second paragraph, what do you mean by social level? Everyone at uni is the same, its just some people are less confident. I lie to you not, I have actually been asked by a male uni friend how to get sex. Lol what do you say to a question like that. I only heard of this friendzone think when I got to uni, seriously didnt even know it existed before.

Original post by xOHarriet
Your thread needs retitling "Tips To Come Across As A Massive Bellend"

P.s. "You look ok today" isn't a compliment lol

Lol. I take it you've been out with a guy that probably done *some* of those things I suggested lol. Im sorry for your experience, but thats just the way life is.

And I know its not a compliment, but my 2 of my ex girls appeared once without make up, admittedly they did say sorry for not wearing make up but Im not gonna sit there and say 'no wow you look amazing', i said you look ok and they went quiet. Next time I saw them, they looked normal (that is appeared with makeup).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending