Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

more hideous islamic scum...

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/l...9634?version=1

easily the worst account ive read yet..amusing how the all seem to hang out in fast-food restaurants..
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/l...9634?version=1

easily the worst account ive read yet..amusing how the all seem to hang out in fast-food restaurants..
    That's terrible. And it's such a pity that journalists bad enough to fall back on creating that sort of tripe are actually given jobs in the first place. It's disgraceful.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure the SIB are having great fun with the al-Muhajiroun!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean tripe? The people in this story seem to me to be scum, dangerous and have really got the wrong end of the stick.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trousers)
    That's terrible. And it's such a pity that journalists bad enough to fall back on creating that sort of tripe are actually given jobs in the first place. It's disgraceful.
    What's wrong with the journalism? Bad spelling? Bad grammar? Don't you think it's a valid story? How did they "create" this story? Do you think they made it up?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    People should drop the PCness. This isn't about what religion you are, or your ethnicity. it's about good and bad! These disgusting islamic thugs want to kill innocent people (by the way, islamic scum obviously doen't mean all musilms, just the scum bag one so don't start bleeting).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The Evening Standard does have a tendency to be a little hysterical. Best to take their stories with a pinch of salt.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My ponit is that people shouldn't tip toe around the subject, just beacuse they are muslims and they don't wanna seem racist. They are bad bad people, it's ok to say it and we need to protect ourselves from them.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph_SOUTH)
    My ponit is that people shouldn't tip toe around the subject, just beacuse they are muslims and they don't wanna seem racist. They are bad bad people, it's ok to say it and we need to protect ourselves from them.
    How many Muslims have you met? Enough to make a fair judgement? You can't dismiss an entire race of people as "bad bad people"! I think it would be fair to assume that your idea of Muslims is based almost entirely on what you read in the papers, like the article above. If you're reading this kind of thing and believing it, it's no wonder you feel that way.

Extremists are a different matter - if they want to blow up London, that ain't good. But terrorists constitute a tiny minority of Muslim people - we do need to protect ourselves from them, but this article is completely over the top.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph_SOUTH)
    People should drop the PCness. This isn't about what religion you are, or your ethnicity. it's about good and bad! These disgusting islamic thugs want to kill innocent people (by the way, islamic scum obviously doen't mean all musilms, just the scum bag one so don't start bleeting).
    You seem confused.

This IS about what religion you and to a less extent your ethnicity. We are not being plotted against by Lutheran Swedes. Madrid train stations are not being blown up by Dutch protestants.

In short we're not up against a "bad could be anybody" We're up against "bad" Islamists.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    How many Muslims have you met? Enough to make a fair judgement? You can't dismiss an entire race of people as "bad bad people"! I think it would be fair to assume that your idea of Muslims is based almost entirely on what you read in the papers, like the article above. If you're reading this kind of thing and believing it, it's no wonder you feel that way.

Extremists are a different matter - if they want to blow up London, that ain't good. But terrorists constitute a tiny minority of Muslim people - we do need to protect ourselves from them, but this article is completely over the top.
    Nobody is dismissing anybody Trousers. It's just a shame that you are so worried about it that you can't read a newspaper article without calling it tripe. You're the one with the "dismissing" problem.

Why is this article "over the top"? It tells the story of 4 Islamic youths who would like to aid and abet the nuking of London. The article doesn't suggest that the entire Islamic community of Britain feels the same way so why are you so up in arms over it? What's your problem?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BettyOblivious)
    The Evening Standard does have a tendency to be a little hysterical. Best to take their stories with a pinch of salt.
    Do you think they made it all up?

Obviously you've never lived in Luton. If you had you would know that the sentiments expressed by these young Islamics aren't exactly rare.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Nobody is dismissing anybody Trousers. It's just a shame that you are so worried about it that you can't read a newspaper article without calling it tripe. You're the one with the "dismissing" problem.

Why is this article "over the top"? It tells the story of 4 Islamic youths who would like to aid and abet the nuking of London. The article doesn't suggest that the entire Islamic community of Britain feels the same way so why are you so up in arms over it? What's your problem?
    People say racist or confrontational things all the time (like you just did). They also joke about bombing places they don't like, or perhaps they're serious but would never take action personally. The guy in the article was talking about pointing terrorists in the right direction or giving them a safe-house. Since he's just talking about it, he's doing nothing illegal. We also have a thing in this country called freedom of speech.

I bet this journalist doesn't report every conversation he overhears in a fast food restaurant. He reported this one to tell us what evil people those nasty Muslims are. If the law was upheld properly, he would be taken to court for inciting racial hatred.

I can read a newspaper article without calling it tripe. I read many newspaper articles every day without calling them tripe, but this one was tripe.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    People say racist or confrontational things all the time (like you just did). They also joke about bombing places they don't like, or perhaps they're serious but would never take action personally. The guy in the article was talking about pointing terrorists in the right direction or giving them a safe-house. Since he's just talking about it, he's doing nothing illegal. We also have a thing in this country called freedom of speech.

I bet this journalist doesn't report every conversation he overhears in a fast food restaurant. He reported this one to tell us what evil people those nasty Muslims are. If the law was upheld properly, he would be taken to court for inciting racial hatred.

I can read a newspaper article without calling it tripe. I read many newspaper articles every day without calling them tripe, but this one was tripe.
    No. I didn't say anything racist or confrontational (except probably by your ridiculous standards)

This article isn't inciting racial hatred. It's reporting a story that would interest almost any sane person who's worried about the threat of home grown Islamic terrorism. What's more, it doesn't seem to be hearsay journalism either.

I love your double standards. Free speech in your mind should guarantee the right of terrorist sympathizers to talk about how they'd love to aid and abet bombmaking but woe betide any journalist who'd report the story. He should be imprisoned.

You really are thick aren't you?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    No. I didn't say anything racist or confrontational (except probably by your ridiculous standards)

This article isn't inciting racial hatred. It's reporting a story that would interest almost any sane person who's worried about the threat of home grown Islamic terrorism. What's more, it doesn't seem to be hearsay journalism either.

I love your double standards. Free speech in your mind should guarantee the right of terrorist sympathizers to talk about how they'd love to aid and abet bombmaking but woe betide any journalist who'd report the story. He should be imprisoned.

You really are thick aren't you?
    Oh, here we go. There's no need to get personal about this!

Freedom of speech should pretty much guarantee anyone the right to say whatever they like to anyone. These people were talking amongst themselves in a small group, and they weren't doing anyone any harm.

The journalist also has his right to freedom of speech, but he also has the responsibilities attached to his job. Any person who is in any position of influence should consider this before they write this kind of article. His editor should also have considered this before publishing it.

There are plenty of easily-influenced people who will take newspapers at face value and believe them or use them to justify any beliefs that already fester inside their minds.

I live in London, and travel to work on the tube every day. My flat is fairly close to Heathrow, a major target by anyone's standards. My boyfriend travels to work along the road where the huge haul of fertilizer was discovered a few weeks ago. I am a sane person who is worried about the threat of terrorism. Given my circumstances, I'd say I am more worried than the average UK citizen. However, I am also worried about the possibility that violence against Muslims will flare up where I live and get out of control. There is a fine line between giving information and being sensationalist, and stories like this should be carefully researched to give us the facts alone.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh, here we go. There's no need to get personal about this!

Freedom of speech should pretty much guarantee anyone the right to say whatever they like to anyone. These people were talking amongst themselves in a small group, and they weren't doing anyone any harm.

The journalist also has his right to freedom of speech, but he also has the responsibilities attached to his job. Any person who is in any position of influence should consider this before they write this kind of article. His editor should also have considered this before publishing it.

There are plenty of easily-influenced people who will take newspapers at face value and believe them or use them to justify any beliefs that already fester inside their minds.

I live in London, and travel to work on the tube every day. My flat is fairly close to Heathrow, a major target by anyone's standards. My boyfriend travels to work along the road where the huge haul of fertilizer was discovered a few weeks ago. I am a sane person who is worried about the threat of terrorism. Given my circumstances, I'd say I am more worried than the average UK citizen. However, I am also worried about the possibility that violence against Muslims will flare up where I live and get out of control. There is a fine line between giving information and being sensationalist, and stories like this should be carefully researched to give us the facts alone.
    I'd be more worried about violence flaring up against non-muslims if I were you. And how richly it will be deserved! A result of sitting with our collective thumbs inserted up our collective rectal passage and ignoring all the signs in the name of political correctness.

I just thank God I don't live in your gutless country anymore. Really I do.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd be more worried about violence flaring up against non-muslims if I were you. And how richly it will be deserved! A result of sitting with our collective thumbs inserted up our collective rectal passage and ignoring all the signs in the name of political correctness.

I just thank God I don't live in your gutless country anymore. Really I do.
    When you say we're "ignoring all the signs", what do you propose we do? I agree that the government hasn't prepared us for what might happen, and that people are getting increasingly nervy about what might happen if they were stuck on the tube in the event of an attack.

But how is an article like this going to help? Do you suggest we kill all the Muslims just in case? Or just give them a good beating? If I were a Muslim, that article would probably piss me off even more and encourage me to stock up on fertilizer.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    When you say we're "ignoring all the signs", what do you propose we do? I agree that the government hasn't prepared us for what might happen, and that people are getting increasingly nervy about what might happen if they were stuck on the tube in the event of an attack.

But how is an article like this going to help? Do you suggest we kill all the Muslims just in case? Or just give them a good beating? If I were a Muslim, that article would probably piss me off even more and encourage me to stock up on fertilizer.
    Let me put it this way. Why when public library internet services being misused to log into Jihadist web sites that show you how to make bombs, advise on suitable targets, and encourage the formation of active terrorist cells, are we doing fuc* all about it?

What do I propose you do? Erm......arrest everybody that accesses such sites under the Prevention of Terrorism Act maybe?

Immediately deport any non-citizen found getting involved with thois sort of thing perhaps?

What about taking a good hard look at some of the "clerics" invited into the UK, deport the rabble rousers.

Nail the door to those mosques that preach jihad permanently shut.

That's what I suggest you do.

You know, in the US public libraries have signs next to internet portals that say "If you log onto pro-Islamic terrorist/Anti-American web sites you will be arrested"

Britain seems to take the opposite approach. Good God! Here's a country that spends a million quid protecting that bastard hook handed cleric who preaches bloodshed, and want's the UK to become an Islamic state.

Un****inbelievable!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Let me put it this way. Why when public library internet services being misused to log into Jihadist web sites that show you how to make bombs, advise on suitable targets, and encourage the formation of active terrorist cells, are we doing fuc* all about it?

What do I propose you do? Erm......arrest everybody that accesses such sites under the Prevention of Terrorism Act maybe?

Immediately deport any non-citizen found getting involved with thois sort of thing perhaps?

What about taking a good hard look at some of the "clerics" invited into the UK, deport the rabble rousers.

Nail the door to those mosques that preach jihad permanently shut.

That's what I suggest you do.

You know, in the US public libraries have signs next to internet portals that say "If you log onto pro-Islamic terrorist/Anti-American web sites you will be arrested"

Britain seems to take the opposite approach. Good God! Here's a country that spends a million quid protecting that bastard hook handed cleric who preaches bloodshed, and want's the UK to become an Islamic state.

Un****inbelievable!
    Hang on! I'm not sure you know who you're speaking to. I'm not Tony Blair (sorry to disappoint). Believe me, if I were in charge, these things would be done. I'm not condoning acts of terrorism - very few people do!

I didn't personally spend a million quid protecting anyone. I am not personally responsible for what our government has done. But I do believe that it's not terribly difficult to distinguish between a Muslim and a terrorist. Many people seem to find this hard.

To get back to the original discussion, the article we were referring to was blatantly racist and should never have been published. Apart from anything else, it makes it very difficult to believe any journalism on the subject when some newspapers come out with stuff like that. I believe that this, and articles like this (you should see some of the tabloids over here!) just make a bad situation even worse and cloud the issue.

We shouldn't be a soft target for terrorists, and we should be doing more to avert the threat, but we can't go around thinking that every Muslim in the country is about to blow us up. That can only cause problems.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hang on! I'm not sure you know who you're speaking to. I'm not Tony Blair (sorry to disappoint). Believe me, if I were in charge, these things would be done. I'm not condoning acts of terrorism - very few people do!

I didn't personally spend a million quid protecting anyone. I am not personally responsible for what our government has done. But I do not believe that it's terribly difficult to distinguish between a Muslim and a terrorist. Many people seem to find this hard.

To get back to the original discussion, the article we were referring to was blatantly racist and should never have been published. Apart from anything else, it makes it very difficult to believe any journalism on the subject when some newspapers come out with stuff like that. I believe that this, and articles like this (you should see some of the tabloids over here!) just make a bad situation even worse and cloud the issue.

We shouldn't be a soft target for terrorists, and we should be doing more to avert the threat, but we can't go around thinking that every Muslim in the country is about to blow us up. That can only cause problems.
    You asked me "what should we do about it?" and I told you.

I still don't understand why you see the article as "blatantly racist".

It's not a matter of every Muslim in the county plotting to set off bombs. We both know that's rubbish.

But think about it. I'm sure you'd agree that if the UK suffers a terrorist attack anytime soon (a better that average possibility I'd say) it's highly likely to come from an Muslim extremist cell, and not from the IRA. And if the intelligence services are right then there's a very good chance that this cell will be home grown.

Now, if an attack is likely, and if it's likely to come from a home grown Islamic jihadist group, don't you think that makes the article we're talking a matter of public interest rather than a blatently racist inflammatory outburst? I do.
Updated: April 26, 2004
New on TSR

What are your A-level predictions?

Join our AS and A2 results day chat thread

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.