The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Well if he's not bothered to contact you i would say he was looking for any excuse to dump you, i think it does show he was not bothered about the relationship and possibly he was going after someone else as well, iif you want to contact him then suppose you could try but if he still don't reply then it really does suggest he ain't bothered., because i am sure if he really cared he would have got in touch by now

There are plenty of other guys who would show you better respect than that. In the long run you'd probably end being better off without him.
I agree, would you mind explaining what the reason was for him ending the relationship? That would give a slightly better idea of what's going through his mind.
Reply 3
We didn't have sex - bizarre I know. I just had a fear that as he was big he would be painful.
And he dumped you because of that, sorry but he is pathetic, clearly he couldn't wait, if he loved you he would have respected your wishes and waited until you was ready.
Reply 5
Carl1982
And he dumped you because of that, sorry but he is pathetic, clearly he couldn't wait, if he loved you he would have respected your wishes and waited until you was ready.

We had been going out for nearly 2 years - a long time. Know what your saying thou.
Anonymous
We had been going out for nearly 2 years - a long time. Know what your saying thou.

Didn't you two ever talk about the issue, only way you solve something like this one way or another is by talking, but still it's harsh he left you over that and even worse that he is not talking.

Strange this though there was another girl with exactly the same problem the other day.
Carl1982
Didn't you two ever talk about the issue, only way you solve something like this one way or another is by talking, but still it's harsh he left you over that and even worse that he is not talking.

Strange this though there was another girl with exactly the same problem the other day.

Dejavu? Someones altered the matrix!!! :eek:
Reply 8
He probably is bothered about you and wants to contact you but perhaps he doesnt really know what to say. I'm not sure of your reasons for splitting up so i cant really understand much.

Dont sit there and expect him to call you, because you'll feel worse if he doesnt bother. Just think right, what will I get out of him calling me? What can he possibly offer me now apart from the dignity and respect he's taken away from me? - Which unless he gets back with you, he can't offer.

The only thing he can do is show you that he still cares. I'm not suggesting he doesn't care, but he doesn't need to care about you enough to show you that he cares.

Just let him go, one day if he rings you, you can be the one to not pick up.

Visit this thread and you may get some advice on your situation:

Two Year Relationship Over
Reply 9
Anonymous
A couple of days ago my ex dumped me - rather silly reason. I left in tears and he hasn't contacted me since. Do you think he is bothered about me or the relationship or waiting for me to contact him? Should I contact him as we the dumper? The relationship was pretty good which makes it worse :frown:

Two years is a very long time... and if he dumped you because you didn't have sex; he's simply not worth it. But then again, he waited a long time and I know relationships are meant to be based on trust/affection; but sex is the factor, that brings two people closer together. You may as well have become good friends.

He might regret dumping you and probably didn't contact you because he's still hurt about the relationship; he's probably thinking of you. So give it time and leave him alone. I also suggest you do the same and occupie yourself doing busy things. Please don't dwell on it. Also time heals broken heart :smile:

Once, you two have settled down; you can confront him face to face and tell him how you've felt.

Hope that helped... I was abit iffy about this situation. Sorry.

:suith: Sezkin:suith:
Reply 10
I want him back though - it wasn't supposed to end like this. I wanted sex with him but my 'fear' has ruined it.
Anonymous
I want him back though - it wasn't supposed to end like this. I wanted sex with him but my 'fear' has ruined it.

The only fear it seems you have is the thought of being away from him, not the thought of having sex. Sex will happen for you someday and if you are ready then go for it.
Reply 12
Anonymous

:frown: Sorry to hear about this situation anyway....I hope you don't mind me asking, but how did he dump you? Was it by msn?

If i were you, I would try and contact him again if you really love him that much.

The best way to talk to him is to turn up at his house and talk to him face to face. He'll realise how much you love him and hopefully he'll understand what you mean and get back with you.

ah now here's the other thread exactly the same
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=280082
Reply 14
Sezkin
:frown: Sorry to hear about this situation anyway....I hope you don't mind me asking, but how did he dump you? Was it by msn?

If i were you, I would try and contact him again if you really love him that much.

The best way to talk to him is to turn up at his house and talk to him face to face. He'll realise how much you love him and hopefully he'll understand what you mean and get back with you.

He dumped me face to face and was really sorry and looked upset when I left. This is the guy I want to marry! I know I need to contact him but during work hours would be inappropriate, I used to before as he didn't mind but I doubt texts are suitable when you need to talk. Do you think I should contact him and ask if we can chat in person?
Reply 15
Carl1982

I'm not really asking the same thread, people have just asked why so I had to elaborate. i just wanted to know is it worth contacting him or not and why he hasnt contacted.
Just text him and tell him you want to talk and go from there.
Reply 17
Carl1982

It is the same person. But if she's making another thread; she obviously wants more advices.:smile:

Reply 18
None of us can tell you why he hasn't contacted you, the only person who knows that is him. If you want to talk to him, send him a text or something but you have to be prepared that he might not want to talk to you or see you. If that's the case, then don't push it. If not, have a calm chat with him and see what happens.
Reply 19
Anonymous
He dumped me face to face and was really sorry and looked upset when I left. This is the guy I want to marry! I know I need to contact him but during work hours would be inappropriate, I used to before as he didn't mind but I doubt texts are suitable when you need to talk. Do you think I should contact him and ask if we can chat in person?

Yes, I think you should give him a call and ask to meet up. If he was with you in a two years relationship, then he should be genuine enough to approach you again especially when he dumped you. You deserve a chance to tell him how you feel about him.

Good luck in doing so.

Latest

Trending

Trending