The Student Room Group

I know a lot of pointless Harry Potter trivia AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by betweentheclocks
There's so many! Well, obviously Tom Riddle and his father; Crabbe and his father (Vincent); Barty Jnr and Snr; Albus Severus Potter and Albus Dumbledore and Snape... all the children, basically!

No; the question is, which pair of characters coincidentally share a first name, so being specifically named after someone else doesn't count :p:

Tom Riddle and Tom the Barman count, but there's at least one more like that :smile:
favourite HP book? sorry, not really trivia, just curious
Original post by tazarooni89
No; the question is, which pair of characters coincidentally share a first name, so being specifically named after someone else doesn't count :p:

Tom Riddle and Tom the Barman count, but there's at least one more like that :smile:

Frank! Frank Longbottom and Frank the caretaker of the Riddle house!

I can't think of any more though... Unless there's a really obscure character.

Original post by turn-to-page394
favourite HP book? sorry, not really trivia, just curious

I find it really difficult to choose my favourite book because there's so many things in each book that I love. For example, the chapter in Goblet of Fire where the Weasleys try to enter 4 Privet Drive through the Floo network is my favourite chapter, along with The Prince's Tale, but I love the POA because of the introduction of a deeper plot. I'd probably have to go with either POA or GOF :smile:
Frank! Frank Longbottom and Frank the caretaker of the Riddle house

Good one :smile: I was thinking of Ernie McMillan and Ernie Prang, or Mary Cattermole and Mary McDonald

These things make me realise how much I missed when I read the books, lol. I do have a book somewhere with this sort of trivia in it.

Good one :smile: I was thinking of Ernie McMillan and Ernie Prang, or Mary Cattermole and Mary McDonald

What is the significance though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by addylad
What is the significance though?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There isn't any. It's trivia.
There isn't any. It's trivia.

Oh okay, didn't spot the coincidentally bit. Although there probably is some meaning which could be explored in the future.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I find it really difficult to choose my favourite book because there's so many things in each book that I love. For example, the chapter in Goblet of Fire where the Weasleys try to enter 4 Privet Drive through the Floo network is my favourite chapter, along with The Prince's Tale, but I love the POA because of the introduction of a deeper plot. I'd probably have to go with either POA or GOF :smile:

Yup, I love PoA too because that's when things start to get explained and of course :rolleyes: the Marauders. Tho I guess I don't really view the books separately anymore, it's just a one great big amazingness... It's hard to explain :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest