The Student Room Group

WJEC Remark and General IGCSE Question

Hey guys! So I just received my results a couple of days ago and am quite happy with the grades I achieved. I do have 2 questions about them though; Firstly, I did WJEC Film Studies and ended up a B - I was expecting an A in this and am thinking of a remark but there doesn't seem to be a way to get my mark or UMS! I have gotten the UMS for the rest of the subjects which I took which were in CIE, Edexcel and AQA and I have asked my film studies teacher for my marks but they don't have it either. If I really want to see how close I was to an A and think about a remark what should I do?

Also, my GCSE results were at 4A*'s, 2A's and 3B's. I know these aren't the best and I could have definitely got some more A's if I had studied more, but are they good enough for relatively good universities? (Not like Oxbridge or anything but still good universities)
Congratulations on your results!

Someone, somewhere in your school will have your mark. Ask the Head of Department, ask the examinations officer, but somewhere those marks exist! I never advise a remark unless the mark is one or two marks from the grade boundary.

Yes, definitely good enough for Russell Group university. Work harder at A level to make sure you get your place! Good luck.
Original post by Deltacookie
Hey guys! So I just received my results a couple of days ago and am quite happy with the grades I achieved. I do have 2 questions about them though; Firstly, I did WJEC Film Studies and ended up a B - I was expecting an A in this and am thinking of a remark but there doesn't seem to be a way to get my mark or UMS! I have gotten the UMS for the rest of the subjects which I took which were in CIE, Edexcel and AQA and I have asked my film studies teacher for my marks but they don't have it either. If I really want to see how close I was to an A and think about a remark what should I do?

Also, my GCSE results were at 4A*'s, 2A's and 3B's. I know these aren't the best and I could have definitely got some more A's if I had studied more, but are they good enough for relatively good universities? (Not like Oxbridge or anything but still good universities)

Hi there, I know your post was quite a while ago and I hope you found out the UMS marks u needed. Just a quick question did you go through with the remark and how did it go for you as I did WJEC Film studies and have also sent off for a remark but am very worried about it going down :/

Quick Reply

Latest