The Student Room Group

German with Business Management: Study year in USA possible?

Does anyone know if the study abroad in the USA option is open to German with Business Management students? I'm hoping to apply for this course next year at Reading. I'd love to hear from current students as well please. Thank you.
Reply 1
Original post by Anatheme
If you're gonna do German, I have a feeling they're probably gonna make you go to a German-speaking country so that your level improves, rather than allow you to go to the US, which I guess would be possible if you did Business Management only?

It's a 4 year course which already includes a year's placement in Germany, which I'm very happy about but I'd love the chance to study in America as well. Business management alone may not not be an option for me as I may not get the grades required.
Reply 2
Original post by Anatheme
That's fair enough, but studying in the US may not be an option if you study German as part of your degree is what I'm saying :smile: Unless you take a year out and actually go out there yourself (so not as part of your degree), I don't think doing German will give you the chance to study in the US. Looking at the prospectus from Reading, it doesn't look like the US would be an option if you chose German, and I can't even find any information about placements in the US for regular degrees. :s-smilie:

Oh ok thank you.:frown:
Reply 3
Original post by Caroline7
Does anyone know if the study abroad in the USA option is open to German with Business Management students? I'm hoping to apply for this course next year at Reading. I'd love to hear from current students as well please. Thank you.

Hey!
I study business and Japanese at Manchester and Anatheme is right: if you study German and business, you'll be sent to a German-speaking country. If you want to do a year abroad in the US, you should probably consider another course.. I know Manchester has an International Management with American studies program which includes a year in the US. Maybe you could do something like that and keep studying German on the side?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Bambirina
Hey!
I study business and Japanese at Manchester and Anatheme is right: if you study German and business, you'll be sent to a German-speaking country. If you want to do a year abroad in the US, you should probably consider another course.. I know Manchester has an International Management with American studies program which includes a year in the US. Maybe you could do something like that and keep studying German on the side?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you very much for the info, I'm looking at other courses now, taking German out of the equation!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending