The Student Room Group

So-called 'British' Muslims marching in the street calling for killing Jews

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SloaneRanger
We need the EDL back!!

We need the EDL about as much as a prostitute needs the clap.
Original post by thunder_chunky
Extremist *******s. This is why we need water cannons.

Never mind water cannons, these ********s deserve rocket strikes. Pro-Israel. Always.
Original post by TheBeautyInTheGeek
I'm quite confused, perhaps because there are no subtitles and I don't understand all of the language but I also can't just take someone's word that they were calling for death to all Jews.

But what was the reason behind the protest in the first place, it looks pretty planned and not really spontaneous so there must have been a trigger reason.

The parts I do understand are calling for the destruction of the Israelis which operss Gaza, they just happen to be Jewish.

To say that they want Jewish people dead for no reason is a bit of a jump from that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The bits I caught were "Israel watch your back; the Muslims/Mujahideen (not sure which) are coming back" and something like "Khyber Khyber al Yahud" which is a reference to the Battle of Khaybar. The not-subtle-at-all subtext to the latter chant is that Muslims want another war and victory against Jews.
Original post by DErasmus
Most extremists are also anti-Semitic and think Judaism and Christianity are 'false religions'.

In fairness and I am not one to stand up for these monsters surely any religious person believes opposing religions to be false?
Original post by UniOfLife
The bits I caught were "Israel watch your back; the Muslims/Mujahideen (not sure which) are coming back" and something like "Khyber Khyber al Yahud" which is a reference to the Battle of Khaybar. The not-subtle-at-all subtext to the latter chant is that Muslims want another war and victory against Jews.

I highly doubt they want a whole new war since they are here and not there, After-all, that barely looks like a suitable army.

Gaza is fighting for freedom, Israel is fighting for land.
I'm obviously not endorsing a full on war but what Israel is doing is wrong so they probably should prepare for the consequences ...

I think they may want victory against the oppressors who happen to be Jewish, but I doubt the protestors are going to fly over and spill blood/want a physical war. It sounds like an example of being able to rise against oppressors. A sort of 'we've done it before and won't be oppressed again' sort of thing.
I know that idolisation and such is wrong in Islam don't doubt any of them are going to play the Prophet.

I think if they were a serious violent threat they wouldn't be protesting and trying to get the attention of the people here. They just look a little scary because we can't understand, and obviously because of the way Muslims have been, and still are portrayed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I highly doubt they want a whole new war since they are here and not there, After-all, that barely looks like a suitable army.

Gaza is fighting for freedom, Israel is fighting for land.
I'm obviously not endorsing a full on war but what Israel is doing is wrong so they probably should prepare for the consequences ...

I think they may want victory against the oppressors who happen to be Jewish, but I doubt the protestors are going to fly over and spill blood/want a physical war. It sounds like an example of being able to rise against oppressors. A sort of 'we've done it before and won't be oppressed again' sort of thing.
I know that idolisation and such is wrong in Islam don't doubt any of them are going to play the Prophet.

I think if they were a serious violent threat they wouldn't be protesting and trying to get the attention of the people here. They just look a little scary because we can't understand, and obviously because of the way Muslims have been, and still are portrayed.

They look scary because they are marching through the streets saying scary things. And it has more to do with what Muslims have and are still doing than how they are portrayed.

To me, saying "Khayber al Yahud" is very similar to them marching through the streets saying "remember the Holocaust". The latter sounds worse because we immediately recognise the implication of the reference. But the former is just as threatening and abhorrent.
Original post by Rinsed
In fairness and I am not one to stand up for these monsters surely any religious person believes opposing religions to be false?

Yes but there are 'false religions' and then there is 'your not allowed to practice your false religions'.
Original post by chocomalbom
I love how the left wing gets blamed when it's the right wingers who are in charge, not to mention ISIS are also right wing. Two peas in a pod.

tbh, no matter how a group is aligned politically they will likely be referred to as left wing since people seem to think it's an insult. Can't say I agree with their politics, but it's hardly a very good insult.
Original post by DErasmus
Yes but there are 'false religions' and then there is 'your not allowed to practice your false religions'.

This is true, they are fascist scum.
They look scary because they are marching through the streets saying scary things. And it has more to do with what Muslims have and are still doing than how they are portrayed.

To me, saying "Khayber al Yahud" is very similar to them marching through the streets saying "remember the Holocaust". The latter sounds worse because we immediately recognise the implication of the reference. But the former is just as threatening and abhorrent.

It seems you are grouping extremists, terrorists and every day Muslims. To say it's because of what Muslims are doing is negatively putting a stereotype on those who have nothing to do with this even if you don't use the word 'all' neither did you say some, or a select few which it is. Some Muslims may grow old and die never even knowing this protest existed. I know quite a few Muslims and moment them do anything of the sort, so no, I can't believe it's because of 'what Muslims are still doing'.

I don't know what these men are, but neither is it my place to sit and home and judge. I see a protest, where scary things are often said, equally by animal rights groups, nuns and teenagers etc in protest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It seems you are grouping extremists, terrorists and every day Muslims. To say it's because of what Muslims are doing is negatively putting a stereotype on those who have nothing to do with this even if you don't use the word 'all' neither did you say some, or a select few which it is. Some Muslims may grow old and die never even knowing this protest existed. I know quite a few Muslims and moment them do anything of the sort, so no, I can't believe it's because of 'what Muslims are still doing'.

I don't know what these men are, but neither is it my place to sit and home and judge. I see a protest, where scary things are often said, equally by animal rights groups, nuns and teenagers etc in protest.

I'm not really sure what you're complaining about. If a bunch of Muslims protesting and shouting threats against Israel and Jews is scary it's not because of the way Muslims are portrayed in the media it's because of their threats and because of the way many Muslims around the world actually behave.
Reply 31
Why do you put British in quotation marks as if White British citizens haven't done the exact same thing...

I'm not really sure what you're complaining about. If a bunch of Muslims protesting and shouting threats against Israel and Jews is scary it's not because of the way Muslims are portrayed in the media it's because of their threats and because of the way many Muslims around the world actually behave.

That's what I said. The words of any preotest group can be scary, but you said 'it has more to do with what Muslims have and are still doing than how they are portrayed' as opposed to their current words.

Perhaps based on the media, but in real life the Muslims I know from various countries, ages and backgrounds are far from this.
I don't get why almost every person who isn't from a sect, religion or race feels that a genralisation of such can be portrayed as a fact. It is your opinion, and you perhaps don't know a wide range of Muslims to be able to state that 'many' etc etc.
That's what I said. The words of any preotest group can be scary, but you said 'it has more to do with what Muslims have and are still doing than how they are portrayed' as opposed to their current words.

Perhaps based on the media, but in real life the Muslims I know from various countries, ages and backgrounds are far from this.
I don't get why almost every person who isn't from a sect, religion or race feels that a genralisation of such can be portrayed as a fact. It is your opinion, and you perhaps don't know a wide range of Muslims to be able to state that 'many' etc etc.

When I said it's about what Muslims have been doing I was referring to your comment:

"They just look a little scary because we can't understand, and obviously because of the way Muslims have been, and still are portrayed."

I understood from that that you were suggesting that the portrayal of Muslims is not connected to what they are like. I was therefore pointing out that if people are afraid of Muslims who make threats it's not because of a portrayal that has no basis in reality but rather because many Muslims do, in fact, make threats and carry them out.

In other words, if there is a portrayal of Muslims as being violent and dangerous it is because in reality many of them are violent and dangerous.
When I said it's about what Muslims have been doing I was referring to your comment:

"They just look a little scary because we can't understand, and obviously because of the way Muslims have been, and still are portrayed."

I understood from that that you were suggesting that the portrayal of Muslims is not connected to what they are like. I was therefore pointing out that if people are afraid of Muslims who make threats it's not because of a portrayal that has no basis in reality but rather because many Muslims do, in fact, make threats and carry them out.

In other words, if there is a portrayal of Muslims as being violent and dangerous it is because in reality many of them are violent and dangerous.

It seems like you are yet to formulate your own opinion of Muslims from a range of personal real life events and just take what is handed to you on the news like the majority of people. Yes there are violent Muslims in the world, just like there are violent humans in the world of all religions and no religion. But this is almost always some. Not many.

Please name the 'many' Muslims in your university, area of residence, local shopping centre, transportation services and other services who have been physically or generally 'violent' towards you. Which of your class mates has put you in a 'dangerous' situation by threatening to blow up the school ?
Your own personal experiences please, nothing from the news or a random neighbour. Unless you avoid Muslims due to your prejudices against 'many' of them.
It seems like you are yet to formulate your own opinion of Muslims from a range of personal real life events and just take what is handed to you on the news like the majority of people. Yes there are violent Muslims in the world, just like there are violent humans in the world of all religions and no religion. But this is almost always some. Not many.

Please name the 'many' Muslims in your university, area of residence, local shopping centre, transportation services and other services who have been physically or generally 'violent' towards you. Which of your class mates has put you in a 'dangerous' situation by threatening to blow up the school ?
Your own personal experiences please, nothing from the news or a random neighbour. Unless you avoid Muslims due to your prejudices against 'many' of them.

Sorry, are you seriously trying to claim that the level and proportion of violence among Muslims is the same as among other religious groups?
lol what BS, nothing about killing Israelis here. The arabic was literally " God is great " and " There is no one worthy of worship besides god, and Muhammed is his messenger"

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

what absolute BS, propaganda

get a life.

oh and the bit about Khyber - remember why that war happened - the jews were paying people to fight against muslims multiple times.

they were hardly innocent, and they aren't innocent now.
(edited 9 years ago)
Sorry, are you seriously trying to claim that the level and proportion of violence among Muslims is the same as among other religious groups?

EDIT, because this answer better fits here: To answer your question blatantly. No I am not. No where in that sentence were the words 'equal' or anything of the sort. Please don't put words in my mouth or assume things (as you did in your next reply, which is funny because you propose the idea from your own mouth then say it is ludicrous). Your own idea is ludicrous, has nothing to do with me because it's not my point.

Of course there is a problem with some Muslims. But like others, Muslims are scared of terrorists just as much. Does anyone talk about the Muslims who died in 9/11 ?
They were also in the twin towers and suffered the same fate because terrorists and Muslims are not the same.

Continuation:

My point was of all the Muslims in the world, lets take a percentage of terrorists and those who have done nothing. The answer will amount to some terrorists/extreme people. Not many.

In your response can you fully answer all of my questions, or I cannot answer yours. You have yet to answer:

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ruthlessv
lol what BS, nothing about killing Israelis here. The arabic was literally " God is great " and " There is no one worthy of worship besides god, and Muhammed is his messenger"

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

what absolute BS, propaganda

get a life.

What about the bits in English about "Israel watch your back"? Or the Arabic "Khaybar ya yahud"?

My point was of all the Muslims in the world, lets take a percentage of terrorists and those who have done nothing. The answer will amount to some terrorists/extreme people. Not many.

In your response can you fully answer all of my questions, or I cannot answer yours. You have yet to answer:

Of course the proportion of Islamists is small but how is that relevant?

And your question is patently absurd and doesn't warrant an answer.
Invite the IDF over to drop a couple'o airstrikes on them, I'll watch from a deckchair with a pint.

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending