The Student Room Group

Neighbour's dog always in yard?

I've just moved in to a new student house, but I'm here by myself at the moment. My bedroom is at the back of the house, and from my window I can see a dog in the yard of the house opposite. I'm pretty sure she's left there all night, and it's currently midday and she's still there, and it's only a very small yard. She barks at night too, which doesn't bother me b/c I'm a pretty deep sleeper, but I'm concerned for the dog. There's no shelter or bed or anything. Should I call the rspca or something? I'm not sure if it's actually breaking any laws, and the dog looks healthy enough, so she must be being fed, although I don't see any food bowls. What do?
Reply 1
Why not put some food out yourself? Or ask the neighbours if they`ve noticed anything?
Reply 2
leaving a dog outside isn't harming the dog, really, if it's a warm-coated breed. It's not hard to train dogs to be tough and withstanding like the dogs you see on farms that live outside. But if the conditions are crap and small, then yes it's a problem. Ask neighbours what they know and keep an eye out. If there's no bowls but the dog looks healthy, it must be going inside at some point to eat. Only contact for help if you're sure.
Definitely ask the neighbours! Or go around to the house and act as if you're interested in walking the dog. Say you'd nit iced they had a dig and you loved them dearly so could you say hello to it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest