I'm thinking of getting an ear piercing at the top of my ear (cartilage?) at Claires Accessories. I had the bottom of my ears done at Claire's and they were great, and the aftercare was good as well.
Just had a few questions about it first:
1. Does anyone know how much Claire's charge for top of the ear piercings? (i.e. with a standard small stud in it?)
2. Do these piercings hurt more or less or about the same as ear piercings at the bottom of the ear (in the lobe?)
3. In your opinion, which ear (left or right) looks better with a cartilage piercing?
I checked out the Claires webpage for this info before posting here, but couldnt find the relevant information! Any help will be really appreciated!
Last edited by Anon-a-mouse; 05-09-2006 at 15:21.
I used to work for Claire’s! and was an ear piercer. This is an exaggeration, that your ear will get infected! Have had loads of customers come back for their 6-12 week check-up after getting a cartilage piercing, and they were all fine. No problems at all.
It is up to you, don't let people opinions get to you, it's your decision. Claire's wouldn't be given an ear-piercing license if they were not allowed to pierce cartilages with guns. I can see where some of you are coming from, as body-piercers use needles it’s safer. But in the time I've worked for Claire’s (2 years) have had NO complaints at all about any piercing.
I got my cartilage pierced with a gun too btw, and it's fine! no problems.
To answer your questions...
1) A plain white gold or gold stud would be £12.50
2) IMO it didn't feel any different
3) It doesn't matter what ear it's on, it will look the same lol but mine's on left
Last edited by Miss.P; 05-09-2006 at 21:13.