The Student Room Group

Favourite Supermarket

Scroll to see replies

Marks and Spencer.

Their food is reasonably priced, varied and I really like the flavour combinations that they concoct. When it comes to own-brand food from supermarkets like Tesco and Sainsbury's I often find that the quality can be hit and miss but for me Marks and Spencer is always consistent.
Asda, because its nearest to me. :smile:
Marks & Spencer. Without a doubt! :yep:
Tesco mainly but collect bits and bobs from everywhere. I get a lot of stuff online from tesco
Based on location, probably Sainsbury's.

It doesn't seem to matter where you shop these days. Back in the day adverts would promote why their shop was best, now it's just gotten down to slagging off other supermarkets instead. :rolleyes:
Marks and Spencers or Waitrose

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Either Tesco or Asda. I'm not very fussy when it comes to supermarkets. They all seem the same to me.
Whichever one I have a coupon for that week.
Reply 28
Sainsburys, but tescos great for a splurge.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I like Morrisons the best, but there isn't one nearby so I stick to Tesco.

I hate waitrose, its ****ing dreadful, the worst by far of all supermarkets. Nothing but overpriced ready meals and stale bread.

I optimistically stopped into a Waitrose the other day as it was on the way home and I thought I could pick up a few things - I walked around for half and hour with an empty trolley before giving up. There was simply nothing in the entire store worth buying.
I did pick up some bread and accidentally blurt out "jesus Christ this is stale", and the funny thing was, a load of people then started putting their bread back as they noticed it was stale too.

Which tells you everything you need to know about your average waitrose shopper: people who aren't smart enough to tell for themselves whether the bread is stale or not.
I'm pretty easy and wouldn't say I have a favourite.

At home we shop at Tesco to get my mum's discount. At uni I went to Asda in first year, Asda online in my second and Morrisons in my last.

If I had to choose myself I would probably go to Asda.
Lidl, because its the only supermarket where I buy foods usually. I don't know the other supermarkets which are up for election.
Reply 32
M&S closely followed by Sainsbury's and Tesco
Aldi all the way
My favourite is now Sainsburys.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lidl... It's cheap but surprisingly good for what you get!
Reply 36
Sainsburys followed by Tesco's
I live next to both so it's a great convenience

Posted from TSR Mobile
definitely they looked after me so much whilst i worked there, gave me my first job, were so flexible when i had to change my hours and they gave me a friggin excellent bonus!! accompanied with an amazing discount (and awesome food XD) the john lewis partnership is one of the best companies you can work for!!!
I love Lidl and Aldi for fruit, veg, bakery, dairy products and meat. Tesco for bakery items and Asda for tinned items, crisps, bread etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Lidl or Aldi 😏

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest