The Student Room Group

How much can you drink?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I don't stop once I start drinking huge amounts, I just try and stay tipsy most of the time, with varying results lol
Reply 21
Generally, I drink for enjoyment of whatever I am drinking - a decent real ale, a single malt etc. I don't tend to just drink for the sake of getting drunk, nor to see how much I can.

That said, there have been a few good "sessions" where I haven't kept count, but have certainly sunk maybe 10-15 pints or a bottle of whisky etc. Very few, and very far between, but probably a fair measure of how much I "can" drink if I should ever feel the need.

Obviously would depend what I was drinking too - I can't drink lager, or anything too gassy as I just feel bloated. So probably only 2-3 pints if it's fizzy. Something like chestnut mild can be a cracking session drink, which I quite literally have drank all day/night without feeling ill.
Reply 22
4 treble Tolstoys (Freshers in Newcastle will get to know this stuff pretty sharpish) or vodka is standard with a double vodka or 2 for topping up. I've drunk 6 trebles before and wasn't ill but I'm pretty sure I couldn't see when I got into the club. Some of my mates will happily deal with 9 trebles though so peoples alcohol tolerance varies wildly and it's about knowing your own limits. The last time I exceeded mine, I severed a tendon in my hand, I wouldn't recommend it.
Original post by Jimmyforeal
Me and my pals go clubbing every week or fortnight and we normally get double JD and coke, then some jagerbombs but we would stay at the bar for good 30 minutes trying to get smashed lol. hows everyone else like? I'ma drink even more at freshers!

I feel sick after 1-2 drinks. I think I have some kind of intolerance
Original post by mackemforever
Who the hell cares?

If you have to be completely hammered to have a good time then you must be pretty ****ing boring when you're not drunk.

go play some chess

depends if I want to be tipsy, lightly drunk where I know what I'm doing or heavy drunk where I'm out of it, or very heavy drunk where I'm passed out

I use to be such a lightweight but now I'm heavyweight which is quite annoying when you want to get off your head asap, other day at festival when we hardly had any booze left, I had 4 ciders, 1 can of beer and was not tipsy at all so I started gulping pure vodka down (big gulps and quite alot) (never again, trying not to be sick when doing it) which resulted me in getting wrecked
Reply 25
To get kinda of hyper: 3-5 small cups of vodka or any strong spirit

To get me absolutely smashed: 2-2.5 big cups of vodka or any strong spirit.

These cups are diluted with juice tho.

Quick Reply

Latest