The Student Room Group

Signing off JSA before University

I signed on to JSA last August after I finished University, and have been looking for work ever since. However in April I applied and was accepted on to a Mental Health Nursing course. My place was confirmed on Thursday and I start the 8th September.

My next signing on appointment is Thursday, so do I sign off then or is there a way I can claim for the 10 days between that Thursday and when I start uni?
You can sign off any time, not just the date you sign on.
Reply 2
I'd wait until the couple of days before you start being classed as in "full time education", which should be your first day. You're entitled to JSA until then from my understanding, so no point ending the claim early.
Reply 3
Original post by NonniT
I'd wait until the couple of days before you start being classed as in "full time education", which should be your first day. You're entitled to JSA until then from my understanding, so no point ending the claim early.

Okay. Thank you! I'll wait until the friday before I start on the monday then. :smile:
Original post by NonniT

Your understanding is right. As long as you're actively seeking work.
Reply 5
Original post by OU Student
Your understanding is right. As long as you're actively seeking work.

So if I bring my job activity sheet on Friday 5th (I start uni monday 8th) filled in like normal and ask to sign off I'll get paid until then?

Will I need to see my advisor to sign off or is just the case of going to reception and getting a form?
Original post by ScottMcCall
So if I bring my job activity sheet on Friday 5th (I start uni monday 8th) filled in like normal and ask to sign off I'll get paid until then?

Will I need to see my advisor to sign off or is just the case of going to reception and getting a form?

Go to your appointment as normal and tell them you'd like to sign off. They should do it for you there.

You don't have to give a reason why you're signing off either.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending