The Student Room Group

Does he like me or just friends

Hi guys..would appreciate your thoughts on this

Theres a guy from work who I really like known him for about a year, both 25. When I first met him I didn’t really fancy him and thought he was quite arrogant and abit over confident. Also I was with my ex bf up until March of this year. He also broke up with his girlfriend around the same time. We are both single atm

I can’t quite figure him out. Hes very confident so I think if he did like me in that way, he would have probably asked me out by now. I don’t think he is overly flirty with me but I do feel quite nervous around him. We are both from a similar cultural background (though different religions) and get on well. I am definitely attracted to him

I organised a work drinks for some of us a couple of weeks ago. The only ones who could make it in the end were me and him as a few were ill and some cancelled... We still met up despite that it was only going to be us 2...but it wasn’t a far out journey or out of either of ours way or anything. We had a nice time, but I’m not sure if it was just friendly or could be something more. His flatmate was out as well so we sat with them for a little while and then they left. Then it was just me and him... good conversation. He ALWAYS asks me about my love life and if I’m seeing anyone etc and we are generally quite open and know about each other exs etc so I can’t figure out if he is just being friendly. He also asked me what my type was
We didn’t stay out for too long as had work the next day. He gave me a hug goodbye and that was that...he didn’t try anything

Anyways I’m just having a hard time figuring out if he does like me in that way or just as friends. He is very confident, so I reckon if he DID then he would have asked me out/ made a move. The only other thing is that we are both culturally similar so mayb he would actually want to ask me out properly.. So confusing
Thanks for reading
Reply 1
anybody?
The thing i have learnt about men...the only way to know is to ask him. Maybe don't just come out with it haha, but men are all different and give off different signals and signs, so its impossible for anyone to accurately predict how he feels. Earlier this year i was dating someone, we never had the exclusive talk but we spent loads of time together, spoke every day, i met his family and friends etc and then a few months after we met he said he didnt want to lead me on haha. I could have saved time and a bit of hurt by just asking him how he felt a while back, rather than reading signs that for other blokes would mean he is interested meant nothing really. Im not hating on men btw, just that its best to ask or find out by being honest on how you feel.
Reply 3
Original post by RachelFiveee
The thing i have learnt about men...the only way to know is to ask him. Maybe don't just come out with it haha, but men are all different and give off different signals and signs, so its impossible for anyone to accurately predict how he feels. Earlier this year i was dating someone, we never had the exclusive talk but we spent loads of time together, spoke every day, i met his family and friends etc and then a few months after we met he said he didnt want to lead me on haha. I could have saved time and a bit of hurt by just asking him how he felt a while back, rather than reading signs that for other blokes would mean he is interested meant nothing really. Im not hating on men btw, just that its best to ask or find out by being honest on how you feel.

Thanks - yeh I can appreciate that the only real way of knowing is just to ask! I think maybe I'm just reading into things at the moment because I've just recently started to see him in that light. I'd def like to spend more time with him, but just felt given it only ended up being the 2 of us at drinks the other week, he could have been a bit more direct if he actually did like me as more than a friend

That sounds really difficult for you - it would come accross to me that you were in/ heading towards a relationship if you had constant contact and had met his family and friends! Especially after a few months. Its difficult to bring up the conversation though but I take your point that you might have saved yourself alot of faff if youd asked..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending