The Student Room Group

AQA English Literature GCSE

Did anybody get an A* in AQA GCSE English Lit?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 09hbirk

I got 173/200 so an A without reading the books or the poems, why do you ask? Only 1 person in my school got an A* :frown: we must have had a harsh marker!
Original post by 09hbirk

I got one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No-one from my school did. I was close, my coursework was brought down from a secure A* to a low B :frown: if that hadn't happened I would've done. Can't complain with an A though.
I got an A* without even opening the books in the exam. I studied Kindertransport & Purple Hibiscus. My coursework was an A for literature too so idk how I got an A for the Language GCSE as for the paper I got an A* but the coursework was an A which was an overall A.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Sacred Ground
I got 173/200 so an A without reading the books or the poems, why do you ask? Only 1 person in my school got an A* :frown: we must have had a harsh marker!

Same kind of thing, I was just short of an A* and I don't know a single person in my school who achieved A* :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by WriterOfWrongs

Which books did you study? And did many others in your school get A*?
Reply 7
Original post by AdAbsurdum
No-one from my school did. I was close, my coursework was brought down from a secure A* to a low B :frown: if that hadn't happened I would've done. Can't complain with an A though.

It's the same with me :-( agreed though, I'm still very proud of my A I just found it odd how so many people in my school were predicted A* yet nobody got one... :frown:
Reply 8
Original post by Berninger1864
I got an A* without even opening the books in the exam. I studied Kindertransport & Purple Hibiscus. My coursework was an A for literature too so idk how I got an A for the Language GCSE as for the paper I got an A* but the coursework was an A which was an overall A.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! :smile: I studied The Woman In Black and Of Mice and Men- I found the 'The Woman In Black' question particularly horrible and I wasn't overly keen on Q1 of the poetry- I think they're the question I lost my marks on :frown:
Reply 9
I got one
Reply 10
Original post by llanber
I got one

Congrats! :smile: Which books did you study?
Original post by Sacred Ground

I did. :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by Decerto
I did. :smile:

Congrats! Which books did you study?
Reply 13
Original post by 09hbirk
Congrats! :smile: Which books did you study?

Thanks :smile: To Kill A Mockingbird and An Inspector Calls
Reply 14
Original post by llanber
Thanks :smile: To Kill A Mockingbird and An Inspector Calls

Ahh, I would have loved to have done To Kill a Mockingbird! Thanks for the reply :smile:
Original post by 09hbirk
Congrats! Which books did you study?

Thank you! :h:

I studied Of Mice and Men and An Inspector calls.

Which did you study?
Original post by 09hbirk

I got 100Ums which I was surprised to discover
Reply 17
Original post by Decerto
Thank you! :h:

I studied Of Mice and Men and An Inspector calls.

Which did you study?

Of Mice and Men and The Woman in Black- it was the 'The Woman in Black' question that I found particularly horrible so unfortunately I think that's where I lost my marks :frown: thanks for the reply :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by mickeydelmonte
I got 100Ums which I was surprised to discover

Did that equate to an A*?
Original post by 09hbirk
It's the same with me :-( agreed though, I'm still very proud of my A I just found it odd how so many people in my school were predicted A* yet nobody got one... :frown:

Yeah.. it's odd. Interestingly I'm starting Literature AS Level at a new school in September, and I went there on results day to complete the enrollment forms and everything. This school is the top state school in my county statistically and they said they have only come across one person with an A* in literature... from their own school or from others!

We're just victims of harsh examiners it seems.

Quick Reply

Latest