The Student Room Group
Reply 1
It really depends. There is no general rule for when you receive replies. Some unis (like Cambridge) always reply at the same time, but most don't.
I applied on the 14th October and I'd only heard from Royal Holloway and Durham by Christmas. Royal Holloway gave me an offer 2 weeks after I applied and Durham rejected me in early December. I had to wait until early January for my Cambridge offer and February for my offers from Sheffield, Bristol and Exeter. It really varies depending on the uni and the course, but if you apply in early October, you'll probably hear from most by February.
Reply 3
Depends on uni course, number of apps, your apply date. Most people tend to get some replies before christmas, although very few get all 6 before that time.

I knew I had gotten offers from all my 6 by early December, mind I applied for Civ Eng
Reply 4
It depends. I applied to Cambridge and by the time I got the decision from them (which, if I recall correctly, was around early January) I had received offers from the other 5 Universities that I'd applied to. In fact, I did have offers from the other 5 by Christmas.
Reply 5
I applid in October and I had to wait until Nvember for my first offer, and then may last wasnt until march.
I got all my offers on my birthday :biggrin:
End of Jan btw
Reply 7
silens_fatuus
I got all my offers on my birthday :biggrin:
End of Jan btw

All your offers on the same day?

Did you apply to just a single uni? :p:
Reply 8
There's no general rule.

Some replies will be shockingly quick, other will be right on the Universities' deadline (which was supposed to be 28th April this year).

You just have to be patient, and please don't go phoning your choices if you haven't heard by February or something... you're only slowing the process down even more.
Knogle
All your offers on the same day?

Did you apply to just a single uni? :p:

Ok not all of them :rolleyes: :p:
Most of them!
applied to 5...got rejected from one, glad that didn't come on my birthday!
Reply 10
I had all mine by the end of November, but if I'd continued with the Cambridge application then that would have taken longer.
I heard from bimringham with in a week or 2 went to an interveiw and got an offer before the christmas holidays. Other unis told me l bit latter, most before christmas but my interveiws where late jan-feb except imperial college which replied to me, i think in late feb with an intevriew march.

Latest

Trending

Trending