The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

DE100 and DD102 anyone studied these modules?

I'm beginning my Open Degree at the start of October and DE100 - Investigating Psychology and DD102 - Introducing the social sciences are my first two module choices. :smile:

Anyone previously studied these have any tips or advice? It would be much appreciated!

Thank you :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

I start in October 2. I am doing them the other way round, social science first then Psychology :-D x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Original post by Rebecca1988
I start in October 2. I am doing them the other way round, social science first then Psychology :-D x

Posted from TSR Mobile

yay we'll definitely have to keep in touch and help each other out! Ooh I'm doing both at the same time! x
Definitely , I am starting social science in October and Psychology in Feb so if iv worked it out right that should be 120 credits a year. Think there is about a 4 month overlap with them. Looking forward to it :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Rebecca1988
Definitely , I am starting social science in October and Psychology in Feb so if iv worked it out right that should be 120 credits a year. Think there is about a 4 month overlap with them. Looking forward to it :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah they suggested that I started one in oct and the other one in feb but I was confused about it and now I think it's too late to change :/ Ah well, I'm sure the work load won't be too bad :P
Original post by Leanney
I'm beginning my Open Degree at the start of October and DE100 - Investigating Psychology and DD102 - Introducing the social sciences are my first two module choices. :smile:

Anyone previously studied these have any tips or advice? It would be much appreciated!

Hi Leanney,

I've enrolled myself on the same course (i'm 99% sure full-time) but i've only selected one module of intro. of social sciences as there seems to be no other way to select the other one. Ahh, didn't you enroll yourself on both at the same time? I'm about to email the uni as I think i've made a mistake!
Can't wait to get started!
Reply 6
Original post by Leanney

Hi
I'm starting DE100 & K101 (health & social care) in Oct - same as you, two modules at same time. Just hoping I can manage it!!
Lisa
Reply 7
Original post by wonderingturtle
Hi Leanney,

I've enrolled myself on the same course (i'm 99% sure full-time) but i've only selected one module of intro. of social sciences as there seems to be no other way to select the other one. Ahh, didn't you enroll yourself on both at the same time? I'm about to email the uni as I think i've made a mistake!
Can't wait to get started!

The only way you can select both of these modules together is by doing the open degree, which is what I'm doing :P I think they should allow you to correct your mistake though, still a month to go :smile:

Original post by L154ann
Hi
I'm starting DE100 & K101 (health & social care) in Oct - same as you, two modules at same time. Just hoping I can manage it!!
Lisa

Yay finally found someone else who's doing two modules at the same time! The open uni keeps emailing me asking me if I'm sure I can handle 120 credits in the first year of distance learning and it's starting to freak me out a bit, but I'm sure we can manage it!
Reply 8
Hi
I am starting DE100 in October. Just that module on its own.

:smile:
Hiya! I'm doing these two - they're both new modules, but their old equivalents I did last year before I deferred. Depending on what you're more interested in, I reckon DE100 is more fun, simply cos it's Psychology-centric, and DD102 is more like sociology and that doesn't interest me very much. But it depends on how you feel about it. I reckon DD102 takes more thinking, though, so if you're starting that later, looking at the module descriptions and similarities between the last two, it seems very similar, and it was a lot of source material to work through in comparison.

Tips/advice: PLAN PLAN PLAN. It's how I got in to trouble last year, I got complacent and didn't plan. It's very easy to fall behind. Be aware!
Reply 10
Original post by CassieCGraves
Hiya! I'm doing these two - they're both new modules, but their old equivalents I did last year before I deferred. Depending on what you're more interested in, I reckon DE100 is more fun, simply cos it's Psychology-centric, and DD102 is more like sociology and that doesn't interest me very much. But it depends on how you feel about it. I reckon DD102 takes more thinking, though, so if you're starting that later, looking at the module descriptions and similarities between the last two, it seems very similar, and it was a lot of source material to work through in comparison.

Tips/advice: PLAN PLAN PLAN. It's how I got in to trouble last year, I got complacent and didn't plan. It's very easy to fall behind. Be aware!

Very helpful thank you! I've just cut my hours down in work to 14 hours a week so I'm hoping that'll give me plenty of free time to concentrate on these modules then!
I was down to start dd102 and de100 in October but after speaking to advisors this morning I have decided to do Q07 BSC in Psychology

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am starting with the OU in Feb starting with DD102 and then the following October I shall do the Psycology orientated one.

You are only usually able to do either one first as OU is a part time study facility when you apply for loan through student finance you apply part time even if you will be studying at full time intensity. - Hope this helps.

What are your career plans all of you following your sucessful degrees and possibly after completing your disertation in the future??

I am really looking forward to starting my course. Working on my grammer bit more at the moment :smile:
I'm also starting DD102 in February! So excited, how are you guys finding it so far? Would be interested to know what to expect :smile:
Reply 14
I am starting my DD102 in February, have had a brief look through the assessment breakdowns. Does anyone have any idea what the EMA is?

Is it one we have to submit or write it exam style?

I read somewhere that it was a project?
Original post by Leanney

Hi ! hows this going?
Reply 16
Original post by NicWolfSkin
Hi ! hows this going?

Hi! I've finished both of these modules now - got a distinction in both of them thank god! Studying D240, SDK228 and DE200 this year :smile:
What was the Time frame on the Modules? I start my end of January 2k16 so I want to know what im getting myself into :P
Hi i just looked to be nosy, i am also starting this through the Open Uni on Jan 30th. I have not studied since Comprehensive School so very nervous. :confused:
Reply 19
I studied DE100 last year and am just starting DD102 this month. I loved DE100 and didn't find it difficult to keep on top of. Enjoying DD102 so far as well!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending