The Student Room Group

Should I call him?

Basically I met a guy when we were doing a lifeguard training course. we were in the same assessment group and got and really well. We walked out of there and never saw each other again until this weekend. He came to my local swimming pool cause his club was on summer holidays. I got him to come to update training with me and according to my mum then there was a major spark. He borrowed my phone to ring home on as he didn't have his so now I have his home number in my call history. We didn't exchange numbers or anything but he said he should be coming again to update training in 3 weeks. There seems to be a real spark and I really feel that I need to talk to him - just to hear his voice again. Don't know what I could talk to him about. So should I ring the home number off my call history or not cause he didn't directly give me his number to contact him on.
Why not ? Good luck !
I don't know, calling him out of the blue seems a little strange, especially when he didn't directly give you his number :s-smilie: if you want to start talking to him again, why not drop him a text first? Something like "Hey, it's [your name]! It was nice to see you at the weekend :smile: how have you been? x"
I wouldn't ring him if he didn't actually give you his number, maybe that is just me though :rolleyes: Do you have him on facebook etc? Maybe you could drop him a message on that?
Reply 4
If you genuinely believe there is a spark I think you could very well surprise him with a call and suggest a drink.
I dont know, might seem a bit odd seen as though you are getting the number from your call history and not directly from him- would you feel freaked out? And its his home number presumably so might be a bit awkward lol. If he made a point to mention that he would be back in 3 weeks then wait until then...but get his number this time! Then see what happens :smile:
Reply 6
I wouldn't ring him, just because it's my thinking (I may be wrong) that while guys seem to like girls making the first move on paper, in actuality they don't and it all goes awry. If it seems like you're grooming him, I believe that a time will come in the long run where he'll start taking you for granted, consciously or unconsciously. So if you want it to amount to something special, why not savour the spark, have him thinking/wondering about you in this time before you see again in three weeks?

If you'd prefer to call him, I think you should have a valid reason for calling. Maybe you're just wondering what time you'll be meeting in three weeks for the training? Or you're thinking of a charity event your team can do to help raise awareness for people who've drowned? Idk, make some stuff up. Be light and cheery on the phone and see where it goes from there. I would wait after this initial call. At least he'll have your number then and be able to call/text should he want to. Goodluck and keep us updated :smile:
Reply 7
Thanks for your help guys, I didn't call him but he came unexpectedly came back to my local pool cause his club training got cancelled. We talked the whole time and swam very little. When I had to go he looked really upset and quickly tried to find a way of giving me his number. In the end he wrote it down on pool side using a pen and paper from my gran. We have been talking ever since and he told me that it was really great to see me again and that he can't believe his luck on actually meeting up with me again.
Reply 8
Original post by AprilLucy
Thanks for your help guys, I didn't call him but he came unexpectedly came back to my local pool cause his club training got cancelled. We talked the whole time and swam very little. When I had to go he looked really upset and quickly tried to find a way of giving me his number. In the end he wrote it down on pool side using a pen and paper from my gran. We have been talking ever since and he told me that it was really great to see me again and that he can't believe his luck on actually meeting up with me again.

Brilliant, your instincts were right. We need a few more success stories on TSR. When's the first date?
Reply 9
Original post by AprilLucy

Awwww :moon:
Reply 10
Original post by Zarek
Brilliant, your instincts were right. We need a few more success stories on TSR. When's the first date?

Not actually arranged one yet - we both start college and sixth form this week though so its kind of busy at the moment. Communicated all last night and most of today though so hopefully things will develop further between us.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending