The Student Room Group

seriously peeps is 'access to medicine course' n.e good?

Hi there folks

bassicly heres my situation, and im sure a loada others are in the same boat. Im 20 years old and only recently decided to do medicine. But now im finding it almost impossible to find a level chemistry as a part time option (let alone the other a levels i wanna finish), so just chatted to some course advisor, and he told me I should forget about a-levels and do an 'access to medicine' course.

I need to know whether doing this course which is 1 year, will give me a realistic chance to get into uni and do medicine. I know only a few of the schools accept it (about 6 i think) but I dont mind where I go to be honest, I like most towns in our beloved nation :rolleyes:

Or do you guys know another good place I could be asking these questions, such as the med schools themselves.

Thanks
Reply 1
all I know is that there are a few uni's that do it, but the number of places are small - maybe about 50 - but the number of applicants will be proportionally smaller, varying from year to year. After that year you would transfer to the first medical school year.
I don't think there is any 'realistic' odds of getting in anymore, it's too competetive! :frown: It's difficult anywhere, but if you want to do it, do your research in prospectuses, the internet, ucas website to find out where you can get those courses (find out what the course code is i think A101, and search for it on ucas - it'll give you a list of uni's), and give it a shot for the 2008 entry :smile: good luck!
Reply 2
i meant 50 places per uni that takes it, not altogether!

Latest

Trending

Trending