The Student Room Group

A2 Biology or History

I've just finished my AS levels and I don't know whether to drop History or Biology. With History, I got a B and did much better than I thought. It is only one exam next year and half coursework. However, I don't like it much :frown:. With Biology, I got a D, but I would only have to resit one exam, however that is still a resit. Also, I can't see myself getting much higher than a C in it. It may be a risk taking it. However, I like Biology much better than History even though I find it harder.
I want to do a Psychology degree and I don't know which is best to take!
Thanks for your help:confused:
In terms of your degree choice, history offers good essay writing skills that are needed for Psychology whilst Biology offers the scientific foundations and an analytical mind set.
If you prefer Biology to History then that should be an important factor in your decision. A2 is more difficult than AS and carrying on with a subject you don't enjoy may become a chore. However, considering your grades, you may want to fact which subject you'll do better in, particularly if you're looking at a uni that requires the top grades.

Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by HollieAMarie
In terms of your degree choice, history offers good essay writing skills that are needed for Psychology whilst Biology offers the scientific foundations and an analytical mind set.
If you prefer Biology to History then that should be an important factor in your decision. A2 is more difficult than AS and carrying on with a subject you don't enjoy may become a chore. However, considering your grades, you may want to fact which subject you'll do better in, particularly if you're looking at a uni that requires the top grades.

Good luck!

Thanks for your help!

Quick Reply

Latest