The Student Room Group

HELP! Full Maintanence Grant last year but NONE for this year!?

I'm currently sorting out my accommodation for the upcoming academic year and was doing some finances and realised this:
1st year: full grant
2nd year: full grant
This year (3rd year): NOTHING!
I was really confused and assumed my parents were earning more so i asked them but they told me their pay is more or less the same. I asked them what they did differently this year and they told me they weren't asked to complete an expenditures form whereas last year they did. I called student finance but the person I spoke to didn't help tbh.

Can anyone give me some advice as to what I can do because as it stands I can only afford rent but no food or anything else.

To make things worse my house was burgled last week and my iPad, dslr and laptop were all taken.
Did you apply for income based?
Clearly!
Reply 3
Original post by OU Student
Did you apply for income based?

yup!
Reply 4
Your parents haven't supplied their income info so you haven't been income-assessed for the grant. Presumably the request for their details was lost in the post or missed in their email (sometimes they end up in the spam bin). Either that or you accidentally clicked the wrong option when applying this year. Doesn't really matter at this stage, as the effect is the same and you need an urgent resolution.

Either way, you need to go back to SF, tell them that you want to be income-assessed and get them to resend whatever it is your parents need to do their bit.
(edited 9 years ago)
In your final year, your grant isn't reduced. Your loan will be however.
Reply 6
Original post by OU Student
In your final year, your grant isn't reduced. Your loan will be however.

That was my first thought (that the overall amount had reduced) as well. However the OP says that their parents haven't submitted any income info this year, meaning that they can't have been income-assessed. That makes sense of the fact that the grant element is completely missing.
Reply 7
Thank you all for your help and advice. I spoke to SF earlier and they told me to get my parents to complete a PFF2 form. Hopefully that'll clear it all up so i can have a decent amount of money to survive on

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending