The Student Room Group

Failed AS Levels and don't know wtf to do

I've just finished year 12 and I failed 3 of my AS levels and I passed one, I got a D in it. I took maths, physics, law and ict. I got the D in ict. Obviously I can't go on to a2. I think the only reason I didn't get the grades was that I never worker hard enough. I was just wondering do you lot think it'll be possible for me to maths, law and economics from home. The full a level in one year? I'm willing to put upto 10 hours of work a day? And do I have to take a gap year out next year because obviously no Uni is going to accept me with my AS grades?
Original post by batleygrammarlad
I've just finished year 12 and I failed 3 of my AS levels and I passed one, I got a D in it. I took maths, physics, law and ict. I got the D in ict. Obviously I can't go on to a2. I think the only reason I didn't get the grades was that I never worker hard enough. I was just wondering do you lot think it'll be possible for me to maths, law and economics from home. The full a level in one year? I'm willing to put upto 10 hours of work a day? And do I have to take a gap year out next year because obviously no Uni is going to accept me with my AS grades?

As you didn't do too well at AS, there's no point in doubling your workload by doing it all in one year - you'll just burn out! I know a couple of people who were in your position and either restarted again or did a college course - they were much more focused the second time around and did much better :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest