The Student Room Group

Why do so many girls have ridiculously high standards?

Yes it is fine to have standards...but not when you dont even meet those standards yourself!

I see so many girls with poor looks, poor hygeine, poor fitness levels or bad personalities who obsess over the hot/rich guys they can never get and believe they deserve a prince when they themselves are unworthy.

This is the honest truth, I overheard a girl in work say 'I wish I could marry a rich guy but they always go for the better girls'....NO ****!

These type of girls would rather stay single then to drop thier standards and date a guy on thier level. I see more hot, attractive girls drop thier standards compared to the unattractive girls.

Are they just foreveraloners who are putting on a mock ego when they're crying on the inside every time one of their pretty co-workers/friends gets asked out?

Why does this happen and why is this so common?

Scroll to see replies

Why do men have such high standards?
Original post by MancBoy

I see so many girls with poor looks, poor hygeine, poor fitness levels or bad personalities who obsess over the hot/rich guys they can never get and believe they deserve a prince when they themselves are unworthy.

I'll use myself as an example...

I have poor looks and poor fitness level and my personality is **** yet I obsess a lot over attractive women despite knowing that they would never give me a second look. Also obsessing over celebrities with 'perfect' bodies.

What's the difference between that and what you're describing?
Original post by MancBoy
Yes it is fine to have standards...but not when you dont even meet those standards yourself!

This is the honest truth, I overheard a girl in work say 'I wish I could marry a rich guy but they always go for the better girls'....NO ****!

These type of girls would rather stay single then to drop thier standards and date a guy on thier level. I see more hot, attractive girls drop thier standards compared to the unattractive girls.

Are they just foreveraloners who are putting on a mock ego when they're crying on the inside every time one of their pretty co-workers/friends gets asked out?

Because women have a fantastical approach to the kind of man they will eventually get due to the media making them believe that as a woman they are entitled to a guy who makes every other woman wet in their pants.

Sorry, if you are not a Johnny Depp lookalike and don't have a holiday home in Hawaii then you have no chance. You may as well resign yourself to being single for the rest of your life.
Reply 4
Just like men. But everyone learns to balance what they want with what they can have. Ridiculous misogynistic post.
Original post by Autistic Merit
I'll use myself as an example...

I have poor looks and poor fitness level and my personality is **** yet I obsess a lot over attractive women despite knowing that they would never give me a second look. Also obsessing over celebrities with 'perfect' bodies.

What's the difference between that and what you're describing?
maybe he does have a point.
many single women are single by choice.
many men dont have choice.

furthermore we see more and more support for girls who are fat/not traditionally attractive...and girls who are multiracial etc..
the same cant be said with men.the white tall strong man remains.
there seems to be less pressure on women these days to be the idealistic female.which by no means is a bad thing.
however with males..more and more feel the need to join the gym for example..take protein etc..

one example.
but yeh some people in both genders are simply dillusional:P
Original post by MancBoy

well they can do it.so ofc theyre going go for the best they can get.
what to do about it should be your question.

Look at it positively.its leads to an opportunity where you must improve yourself as a person to keep up.
otherwise youll be left behind.
necessity is the best drive for success you can find so cant yourself lucky.

besides it allows us men to question what are we really after? and why is it that we need to women to be content with our lives:?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Because women have a fantastical approach to the kind of man they will eventually get due to the media making them believe that as a woman they are entitled to a guy who makes every other woman wet in their pants.

Sorry, if you are not a Johnny Depp lookalike and don't have a holiday home in Hawaii then you have no chance. You may as well resign yourself to being single for the rest of your life.

strong redpill

It speaks volumes that you post using the anonymous function. If you are going to make unfounded claims about half the population of the world, at least have the balls to not hide behind the anonymous function
And men don't have high standards?!

:rolleyes: Bit of an exaggeration
This is real, and I see it all around me every day. Many guys dream of a girl with big tits, nice eyes, long hair etc. But they realise that that's all it is. A dream. Because even if they have a decent personality, a guy that is much more handsome with that same level of personality will 9 times out of 10, get the girl. However, these girls with insane standards when they themselves as OP pointed out, aren't anything special, won't settle for anything less. This is not the case with men, because most would be glad with a girl with ok aesthetics and a cool personality, and they consider themselves lucky. OP is pointing out the mentality that every girl is entitled to a prince, not only personality wise, but height+looks wise. All this is confirmed, by the fact that these girls that OP talk about are hit on quite a lot, but reject simply because they want a brad pitt. Now that's okay, but when they behave like any other boy is unworthy of them, and make them feel like they're not good enough...that's pretty ****ing ****ty.
It is because good looking men will have sex with women beneath them. This then gives uglier women false confidence in their own ranking. I am guilty of doing this.

But the stats about 20% of men are shagging 80% of women are pretty much true. It does leave a whole bunch of single men and women. Men are usually bitter about it and the women just get used now and then when the 20% are drunk and has no better options.
With online dating it does mean women are dating upwards more than ever...some of the jumps being made is ridiculous...in some cases like 4 points.

Men will send out loads of messages and not get responses questioning their looks...they then drop their standards etc etc and vice versa for women. If you're a man never use online dating...unless you're prepared to settle much lower.

Two of my female housemates are dating so far up it is disturbing...I actually feel sorry for their BFs who suffer from mild social anxiety.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Magnetist-Master
It is because good looking men will have sex with women beneath them. This then gives uglier women false confidence in their own ranking. I am guilty of doing this.

But the stats about 20% of men are shagging 80% of women are pretty much true. It does leave a whole bunch of single men and women. Men are usually bitter about it and the women just get used now and then when the 20% are drunk and has no better options.

'stats'? :lolwut: LOL you have based your post on a myth. The '20% of men are shagging 80% of women' is nothing more than a poor use of Pareto's principle, nothing else.
I know you're weird fat and ugly and most likely have cats. All big Phoebe from Friends fans have been the same way(srs).

None of those things - of course I would say this even if I was.

Lol nice rebuttal by the way :rolleyes:
Original post by Black Cat
Why do men have such high standards?

have you ever been in a club lol
Original post by Phoebe Buffay
'stats'? :lolwut: LOL you have based your post on a myth. The '20% of men are shagging 80% of women' is nothing more than a poor use of Pareto's principle, nothing else.

logically its true.go on tinder.youll see the results.

we have to swallow the pill lads like it or not.no point moaning about it and why not instead embrace it.

women are simply making the most of it.who could blame them.wed do the same.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PCkvCPvDXk
Original post by trustmeimlying1
logically its true.go on tinder.

I stopped there. Logically and tinder do not go in the same sentence. It cannot be used to support an assertion made for all females.
Original post by blueskyblue
have you ever been in a club lol

A couple of times but you can't really compare them to those outside the club.
Yes. I think beauty can be measured and isn't preference. I actually think preference comes with different experiences and coping mechanisms.

What you have said after 'yes' does not bear any weight on whether or not you can support your claim that you are 'objective'. You've just made more assertions - again with no evidence. That is not objective thinking.

Latest