The Student Room Group

Medical Questionnaire for uni

Hi so I'm new to TSR! I'm 20 and recovering from about 6 years of mental health problems including bulimia, ocd, anxiety, depression, self harming behaviours and psychosis. I was sectioned 4 times on both 2's and 3's and twice on a 136 with the police. But I'm just starting to get my life back and have decided I want to to medicine. Will I pass the medical requirements to get into medical school or would I be classed as too unstable? :frown: Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated :smile: thanks in advance!!
Haven't been through as much as yourself but I have hypermobility sydrome - basically if it's a joint it dislocates. Mine is so bad I've already had both knees reconstructed and I'm only 18. Now my shoulders don't look too good, typical :wink:

I've applied and declared all this on my UCAS form. I know that I've been told by teachers that physically problems can be helped and adjustments made throughout uni and my (hopefully) career. However I think they are more careful with mental issues but they can't outright reject you due solely to this.

If I get any offers then I have meetings with the occupational health departments to see if I am 'Fit to Practice'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending