The Student Room Group

Is Drama A level appropriate for a potential Medicine student?

Hello!

I'm going into Year 12 this year, and am currently (, just over a day before having to finalise A level choices, ) unsure about what I want to take in the coming year.

Till now, I've wanted to take:
- Maths
- Biology
- Chemistry
- Physics
- Geography

But I find myself wanting to to take Drama instead of Geography now, as I fell it is more suited to me, and is something I enjoy very much.

I got A*'s in both GCSE Science and GCSE Additional Science, and well as an A* in GCSE Drama (192/200 UMS), but only managed to scrape an A in GCSE Geography.

However, I am worried about whether taking Drama would affect my chances at getting onto a medicine course at Uni, as I know that Drama is not always looked upon well, and that medicine is already highly competitive.

Would it be worth taking Drama and risking it, or should I stick to what I'd planned earlier?

Thank you in advance for any help.
Original post by Yellow Car
Hello!

I'm going into Year 12 this year, and am currently (, just over a day before having to finalise A level choices, ) unsure about what I want to take in the coming year.

Till now, I've wanted to take:
- Maths
- Biology
- Chemistry
- Physics
- Geography

But I find myself wanting to to take Drama instead of Geography now, as I fell it is more suited to me, and is something I enjoy very much.

I got A*'s in both GCSE Science and GCSE Additional Science, and well as an A* in GCSE Drama (192/200 UMS), but only managed to scrape an A in GCSE Geography.

However, I am worried about whether taking Drama would affect my chances at getting onto a medicine course at Uni, as I know that Drama is not always looked upon well, and that medicine is already highly competitive.

Would it be worth taking Drama and risking it, or should I stick to what I'd planned earlier?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Don't worry about this, as Drama would be your 5th any offer you receive will not consider Drama (or geography if you did that); it will be conditional on AAA in biology, chemistry and either physics or maths.
Reply 2
Original post by theresheglows
Don't worry about this, as Drama would be your 5th any offer you receive will not consider Drama (or geography if you did that); it will be conditional on AAA in biology, chemistry and either physics or maths.

Thanks! I'm still quite unsure on what I actually want to do in the future, though Medicine is very much in the running. I'm going to speak to a careers advisor on registration day, and am hopeful that I can take Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Maths whilst attending drama in my frees when I wish to. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest