The Student Room Group

I'm a 19 yr old girl but look 15/16 and its making me depressed :(

What can i do to look older?
i wear makeup and I'm not chubby. I think i just have a baby face. How can i look older? :frown:

Scroll to see replies

I have a friend in a similar position to you, she's 17 but looks much younger.
But honestly, she looks amazing just how she is, and I'm sure you do too.
Reply 2
Get a wrinkle cream.
Reply 3
Original post by That_Hijabi
i wear makeup and I'm not chubby. I think i just have a baby face. How can i look older? :frown:

show us!!! :biggrin:
Reply 4
Carry ID with you everywhere to show your age. You're blessed with the gift of youth, you'll be grateful when you're older :tongue:
Don't complain! Soon you'll be worried about how old you look!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just think about it, when you're 35 you'll look 25 and everyone will be jealous of you!
Pictures or it ain't true!! :tongue:
Reply 8
Original post by Lil08
Get a wrinkle cream.

Srs answers please :frown:
Reply 9
Original post by Autistic Merit
Just think about it, when you're 35 you'll look 25 and everyone will be jealous of you!

You mean poor people.

Original post by Reluctant Economist
Pictures or it ain't true!! :tongue:

I'm too shy. I dunno why u want pics. I'm not claiming im hot :s
Reply 11

Wear clothes for women in their 30s?
Original post by Armin.
You mean poor people.

Original post by Armin.
You mean poor people.

Huh??
This is a pathetic complaint.
I'm too shy. I dunno why u want pics. I'm not claiming im hot :s

I just want to determine whether your statement is actually true. Your attractiveness was never under question... :wink:
Reply 15

You're not a product of society, the society is a product of you.
I'm 21 and I look about 16 most days. Sometimes I still get IDed for lottery tickets. I used to absolutely hate it and have awful self confidence but over the last two years or so I've gotten over it a bit. Like you, I wear make up (not a lot - just mascara and eyeliner though) but because I'm really short (5"3) and have quite a youngish face it doesn't help much. I find dressing to suit you can make you look a bit older. When I wear nice dresses that flatter my shape I get a lot less people mistaking me as being way younger than I do when I wear jeans and hoodies. I still die a little bit inside when people think my little sister (who's 17) is the eldest though. I suspect confidence can also make you look older - on nights out when I know that I look good most people accept my age without questioning it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by pinkbullets
I'm 21 and I look about 16 most days. Sometimes I still get IDed for lottery tickets. I used to absolutely hate it and have awful self confidence but over the last two years or so I've gotten over it a bit. Like you, I wear make up (not a lot - just mascara and eyeliner though) but because I'm really short (5"3) and have quite a youngish face it doesn't help much. I find dressing to suit you can make you look a bit older. When I wear nice dresses that flatter my shape I get a lot less people mistaking me as being way younger than I do when I wear jeans and hoodies. I still die a little bit inside when people think my little sister (who's 17) is the eldest though. I suspect confidence can also make you look older - on nights out when I know that I look good most people accept my age without questioning it.

Ohh thanks for the advice! I'll work on my confidence :smile:
Anyone else?
Original post by The Dictator
This is a pathetic complaint.

Why post if you're not going to give useful advice?

Quick Reply

Latest