The Student Room Group

What do you do when you get a bad haircut? :)

When you sit down at the hairdressers/barbers , blink, and half your hair is gone, and you have to just endure weeks of torture until it grows back....

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Pay the bastard, walk out and never come back again.
Wear it up until it grows out enough that I'm happy again.

I have very long hair though, so perhaps not a possibility for everyone :wink:
This happened to my friend in third year. She came back wearing a huge hat, ran into her room and cried, "I don't want to talk about it!" when attempts were made to see what damage had been done. Turns out the hairdresser didn't speak overly good English and had cut her fringe down to about 1cm in length. There was much hat-wearing.
Smile as though you're happy with it, pay, walk out and then let the tears roll down your cheeks...or that might just be me...
Original post by kittyb99
This happened to my friend in third year. She came back wearing a huge hat, ran into her room and cried, "I don't want to talk about it!" when attempts were made to see what damage had been done. Turns out the hairdresser didn't speak overly good English and had cut her fringe down to about 1cm in length. There was much hat-wearing.

Original post by 29Bilal96
Smile as though you're happy with it, pay, walk out and then let the tears roll down your cheeks...or that might just be me...

oh dear....well today there was a new person cutting my hair and they decided it would be a good idea to shave all my hair off with a razor without changing the guard once....I couldn't tell them to stop though because they had already started :frown: tempted to tell everyone I did it for charity...
Original post by lightningdoritos
oh dear....well today there was a new person cutting my hair and they decided it would be a good idea to shave all my hair off with a razor without changing the guard once....I couldn't tell them to stop though because they had already started :frown: tempted to tell everyone I did it for charity...

i feel you pain ;(

Ouch. That bad?

:console:
Original post by rachel.h
Wear it up until it grows out enough that I'm happy again.

I have very long hair though, so perhaps not a possibility for everyone :wink:

Luckily, my hair grows super quickly so I can get it fixed in about 3 weeks time (I got it cut today) :smile:
Pull off the look and pretend that's what you wanted.
Buy a vast number of hats.
Original post by rachel.h
Ouch. That bad?

:console:

Well if you understand the measurements on the razor things, I asked for a 3 on the sides and back of my hair, and told the person cutting my hair to leave the top just a bit longer (typical short-sides long-top style) but they completely misunderstood so now I look like a girl somehow (don't even ask haha) and a completely round head.....
Original post by getfunky!
Pull off the look and pretend that's what you wanted.

if only that worked sigh

Original post by pinkbullets
Buy a vast number of hats.

Fedoras? :wink:
I actually had something go wrong so I went somewhere else after and they fixed it up for me for free so I always go there now :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Make do and mend.

It's never gone drastically wrong for me, just had some hairdressers cut my fringe waaaaaaay too short for my liking but my hair grows pretty fast so it's under control in a couple of weeks.
Cry. Usually try and get the hairdresser to fix it but it never works. Hate getting my hair cut! Such an emotional process because it ALWAYS looks hideous afterwards.
Original post by Reluctant Economist
Cry. Usually try and get the hairdresser to fix it but it never works. Hate getting my hair cut! Such an emotional process because it ALWAYS looks hideous afterwards.

I know right? Sometimes I'm tempted to just go for the more expensive option of going to a proper stylist to do it (so they can actually make it look nice) but they cost so much more....
I know right? Sometimes I'm tempted to just go for the more expensive option of going to a proper stylist to do it (so they can actually make it look nice) but they cost so much more....

Indeed. I just let it grow till I really really have to get a hair cut. Then I go in and face it like a man. :colondollar:
Reply 18
Cry in the shower
Happened to me before :frown:.
Hair cut out very ,very short than normal and every little strand was the same size ;D.

Just wear a hat as much as possible to hide it and make yourself less noticeable when with others.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending