The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes I think its weird- what would make you choose the uglier one? Nice name btw.
Not really
I'd choose the one with the nicer personality! :colondollar:
Kind of. Don't you think your husband would feel insecure about his appearance with an good looking wife next to him? It also depends how ugly you want your husband to be.
Some girls I know think that too so it's not weird tbf but what's the reasoning behind it?
Reply 6
Original post by AAAnon
Yes I think its weird- what would make you choose the uglier one? Nice name btw.

Ahah I actually don't know..my friends think it's so that the guy would feel lucky to have me.. :rofl:
Reply 7
On one hand, I think it's weird. You are going to spend the rest of your life with this person, looking at their face, so they should be aesthetically god looking. On the other hand, we as humans have a desire to be on top and outdo others, so wanting a husband who is not as good looking is somewhat understandable.
Not that weird i suppose.

Would the better looking one intimidate you? Does you being better looking give you more security?
Reply 9
Original post by Reluctant Economist
I'd choose the one with the nicer personality! :colondollar:

Ahha obviously but if I happen to be attracted to two people equally I wouldn't pick the better looking one :colondollar:
Original post by Biryani007
Ahha obviously but if I happen to be attracted to two people equally I wouldn't pick the better looking one :colondollar:

What if they were both worse looking than you?

I think I see the reasoning behind it. It reminds me of men who don't want their wives to earn as much money as them. They feel like it is their "job" to contribute to the relationship by breadwinning, not their wives' job. So if their wives earned more than them, they'd feel like they weren't pulling their weight. Or a woman might not like it if they thought that their husband was better at looking after the children than them, and that whenever the children were upset they cried for their dad instead of their mum etc.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 11
Whoever is richer tends to be the one you wanna go for
It's not that weird, he's less likely to cheat if he's uglier lol :smile:
Original post by inachigeek21
Kind of. Don't you think your husband would feel insecure about his appearance with an good looking wife next to him? It also depends how ugly you want your husband to be.

Ahah not too ugly..average looking..but not as attractive as me. I'm average so maybe below average aha Idk..I need to be attracted to him though.

Original post by mma101
On one hand, I think it's weird. You are going to spend the rest of your life with this person, looking at their face, so they should be aesthetically god looking. On the other hand, we as humans have a desire to be on top and outdo others, so wanting a husband who is not as good looking is somewhat understandable.

No I want him to be goodlooking to me but not like an 8/10 :lol:
Yeah I don't know why..I think I need to sort my brain out tbh..
Reply 14
Why not choose the one who has a better personality rather than who's uglier looking or better looking. Because once you get attracted to the personality, you wouldn't give two hoots about their looks.

True story.
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/square/000/006/216/7nTnr.png

You can't be attracted to two DIFFERENT people equally. Impossible. Additionally, beauty is in the eye of the beholder maybe your ugly is someone else's beautiful. :wink:
Reply 16
Ahah I actually don't know..my friends think it's so that the guy would feel lucky to have me.. :rofl:

He should feel lucky to have you whether he is the ugliest man on the planet or the best looking most attractive man. He should feel lucky because of the whole package- looks, personality, values and beliefs.
[INDENT]
Original post by The vampire

That's really harsh.

That's what I was thinking lol but I guess you should trust the person that is right for you would not have a reason to do that. Also celebrities often seem to cheat on people far less good looking than their spouses so I doubt it has to do with how good looking the wife is. I'd like to think if you were really compatible with your spouse you'd never feel the need to cheat :smile:
Original post by brownsugar-xx
Not that weird i suppose.

Would the better looking one intimidate you? Does you being better looking give you more security?

I wouldn't like the attention he'd get from all the other girls :lol:

Original post by tazarooni89
What if they were both worse looking than you?

I think I see the reasoning behind it. It reminds me of men who don't want their wives to earn as much money as them. They feel like it is their "job" to contribute to the relationship by breadwinning, not their wives' job. So if their wives earned more than them, they'd feel like they weren't pulling their weight. Or a woman might not like it if they thought that their husband was better at looking after the children than them, and that whenever the children were upset they cried for their dad instead of their mum etc.

Hmm that's a tough one but then the least good looking one would probably be like a 2/10..I wouldn't want that :redface:

So you're assuming that the woman feels like she needs to be the beautiful one? I see where you're coming from but I think my reasoning is that I would feel more secure with an uglier husband...he wouldn't get much attention from anyone else so would be less likely to cheat...

Yep true :biggrin:

Latest