The Student Room Group

Emergency Contraception Levonelle

On Monday my boyfriend and I had sex and the condom broke. This has never happened before so we were both really surprised. Unfortunately I am not and was not at the time on any other form on contraception.

I acted quickly and 4 hours later took the emergency contraception pill Levonelle at my local pharmacy. (I considered getting the coil put in as it is more effective but when I rang the family planning centre they told me I couldn't have it put in on that day and that I couldn't have it put in until September by appointment!) This is also the first time I've needed to take this pill.

Right now I am just hoping that I won't get pregnant, I know there is a chance that I might do but all I can do for now is wait and see if I get my period really.

I am just wondering if any of you ladies have been in a similar situation. Have you had an instance where the condom broke? Have you had to take any emergency contraception and which one? Have you taken Levonelle and more importantly did it work?

(Just to add to prevent concerning comments of infection: both my boyfriend and I were fully tested for sti/std/hiv several months ago and we were both fine so I have no worries there)
Reply 1
I've taken Levonelle before and it worked for me. You taken it a few hours after when it'd be at its most effective too, so try not to worry about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've taken levonelle for basically the same situation (condom broke) except I had to wait until the next morning, I was literally petrified about it and cried when I was speaking to the pharmacist lol but it was fine, I felt a little nauseous but that was it and no pregnancy!

Quick Reply

Latest