The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

What solution do the Islam haters actually have?

Other than saying all muslims are evil, violent, monsters, eat babies, ect what actual solution do you propose to solving the problems you have with the muslims in the UK now?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
None. You can't just get rid of all Muslims. Education doesn't work if the family are crazy, and then there's education that makes people think the West is evil. What are you supposed to do?
Original post by Jdizzle15
Other than saying all muslims are evil, violent, monsters, eat babies, ect what actual solution do you propose to solving the problems you have with the muslims in the UK now?

Firstly acknowledge that there is a real problem within all Muslim communities. We have certainly reached the stage (reached it long ago in fact) when it is no longer possible to blame just a few bad eggs. There is definitely something within either Islam or Muslim communities that is leading to Islamism. As with all problems, acknowledging that it exists is the first step to doing something about it.

Secondly, use the power of community and social action. Those who are infected with Islamism and even more so those who spread it should be ostracised completely. They should be banned from your mosques and community centres. They should be shunned in the street, persona non-grata in Muslim shops. They should be prevented from attending weddings and other Muslim celebrations. The power of the community should be wielded to its full extent against these people until anyone growing up in a Muslim community can be left in no doubt that Islamism is completely beyond the pale.

Thirdly, get angry. We have seen Muslims march through the streets in anger every time Israel attacks Hamas. We saw them all get outraged when some newspapers published cartoons of Mohammed. But there is no apparent anger when Muslims kill Israelis, behead journalists, and brutally murder tends of thousands of Muslims. Why is that?

Fourth, protest against Islamist preachers. They go around the country addressing communities and university groups. They should be met at every turn by angry protests denouncing them. I remember when a large group of angry Muslims attacked the Israeli deputy-ambassador when she tried to speak at a British university. I don't recall every seeing such a protest against extremist Muslim speakers.

Fifth, stop supporting terrorists. How many Muslims joined the "Free Babar Ahmad" campaign, for example?

Six, re-evaluate your criticisms of the West. There are legitimate criticisms to be made against Western culture, society and foreign policy (and by West I include Israel). But has it ever occurred to Muslims that exaggerating those criticisms to the n-th degree serves to radicalise? Constant denunciation of groups of people inevitably serves to dehumanise them and paint them as irredeemably evil. It's long past the time when Muslims need to stop and ask themselves hard questions about their world-view and whether or not they have things wrong.

So let's stop pretending that there's nothing that Muslims can do about Islamism. Of course you cannot fight ISIS abroad. But there's a hell of a lot you can do here at home. Start by admitting that Islamism is a problem here in the UK.

Original post by UniOfLife
Firstly acknowledge that there is a real problem within all Muslim communities. We have certainly reached the stage (reached it long ago in fact) when it is no longer possible to blame just a few bad eggs. There is definitely something within either Islam or Muslim communities that is leading to Islamism. As with all problems, acknowledging that it exists is the first step to doing something about it.

Secondly, use the power of community and social action. Those who are infected with Islamism and even more so those who spread it should be ostracised completely. They should be banned from your mosques and community centres. They should be shunned in the street, persona non-grata in Muslim shops. They should be prevented from attending weddings and other Muslim celebrations. The power of the community should be wielded to its full extent against these people until anyone growing up in a Muslim community can be left in no doubt that Islamism is completely beyond the pale.

Thirdly, get angry. We have seen Muslims march through the streets in anger every time Israel attacks Hamas. We saw them all get outraged when some newspapers published cartoons of Mohammed. But there is no apparent anger when Muslims kill Israelis, behead journalists, and brutally murder tends of thousands of Muslims. Why is that?

Fourth, protest against Islamist preachers. They go around the country addressing communities and university groups. They should be met at every turn by angry protests denouncing them. I remember when a large group of angry Muslims attacked the Israeli deputy-ambassador when she tried to speak at a British university. I don't recall every seeing such a protest against extremist Muslim speakers.

Fifth, stop supporting terrorists. How many Muslims joined the "Free Babar Ahmad" campaign, for example?

Six, re-evaluate your criticisms of the West. There are legitimate criticisms to be made against Western culture, society and foreign policy (and by West I include Israel). But has it ever occurred to Muslims that exaggerating those criticisms to the n-th degree serves to radicalise? Constant denunciation of groups of people inevitably serves to dehumanise them and paint them as irredeemably evil. It's long past the time when Muslims need to stop and ask themselves hard questions about their world-view and whether or not they have things wrong.

So let's stop pretending that there's nothing that Muslims can do about Islamism. Of course you cannot fight ISIS abroad. But there's a hell of a lot you can do here at home. Start by admitting that Islamism is a problem here in the UK.

PRSOM
Deport them and sod their human rights.I don't care how many generations they've been here they'll never be one of us.
Reply 5
No more Islamic immigration into the UK.

Incentive packages for as many of them as possible to voluntarily leave the UK.
We need more integration
There are huge problems within UK society in terms of young people not caring about the important things, being materialistic, feeling alienated and isolated - and in Islam I think these problems are even more prevalent- and the solution for them can sometimes be more radical. Its obviously a massive concern and I don't think there is a huge amount that policy can do to change the situation. I think its more to do with individual social responsibility and people making an effort to get to know people more
I have a very easy solution. I always believe 99% of all problems tend to stem from bad parenting.

Someone joined a radical islamic group? Arrest his or her parents, siblings and close relatives for a bare minimum of 2 weeks. Any of them on benefits? Stop those. Any of them in an institution of higher learning? Expel them. Any of them hold a civil service position? Sack them. Any of them been tax evaders? Collect the taxes owed and add a penalty of 1000% of the amount owed.

Someone has become a terrorist? Excellent, any damage they inflict the reparations will be borne by their immediate family, if they can't pay within 1 week, their properties shall be seized and auctioned off. Not enough? Send them to a labour camp and make them to clean graves, religious sites of every other religion.

The terrorist radicalised in UK? Fine. The mosque or islamic centre will have its assets seized and premises shut.
Turn the Isle of White into a British/Islam state. Let all the radicals move there then offer them independence. They all vote yes Isleofwhiteistan is formed. All radical Muslims effectively legally deported but are happy as they have their own place. Everyone wins?

(this is not a serious suggestion)
Reply 10
What is wrong with Muslims in UK, we are decent people. Britain needs more Muslims.
Original post by h4mza
What is wrong with Muslims in UK, we are decent people. Britain needs more Muslims.

Why, exactly?

lactulose solution
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Viva Emptiness
Why, exactly?

Cos we are all going to hell.
Original post by Alfissti
I have a very easy solution. I always believe 99% of all problems tend to stem from bad parenting.

Someone joined a radical islamic group? Arrest his or her parents, siblings and close relatives for a bare minimum of 2 weeks. Any of them on benefits? Stop those. Any of them in an institution of higher learning? Expel them. Any of them hold a civil service position? Sack them. Any of them been tax evaders? Collect the taxes owed and add a penalty of 1000% of the amount owed.

Someone has become a terrorist? Excellent, any damage they inflict the reparations will be borne by their immediate family, if they can't pay within 1 week, their properties shall be seized and auctioned off. Not enough? Send them to a labour camp and make them to clean graves, religious sites of every other religion.

The terrorist radicalised in UK? Fine. The mosque or islamic centre will have its assets seized and premises shut.

i wish i could kiss your feet +rep
Original post by UniOfLife

This is spot on.
Reply 16

I think you hit the nail on the head.

This isn't serious is it, if so, there are some real idiots on TSR

Original post by Chariots Of Fire
Deport them and sod their human rights.I don't care how many generations they've been here they'll never be one of us.

Do you mean "us" as in British natives who take more from the economy than they give in taxes?

Cos fyi immigrants give more than they take (on average)
Original post by Heimdall
This isn't serious is it, if so, there are some real idiots on TSR

Do you mean "us" as in British natives who take more from the economy than they give in taxes?

Cos fyi immigrants give more than they take (on average)

I doubt muslim immigrants to Britain as a whole has contributed more than they have taken (on average), do you have any statistics that can prove me otherwise? Preferably from a reputable and independent source.

I personally believe my suggestion is an excellent one because it will make people think many times before doing something stupid.
I doubt muslim immigrants to Britain as a whole has contributed more than they have taken (on average), do you have any statistics that can prove me otherwise? Preferably from a reputable and independent source.

I personally believe my suggestion is an excellent one because it will make people think many times before doing something stupid.

Breaking Human Rights is not a great idea, you cannot and should not imprison family for what an individual has done, you cannot have labour camps etc etc. what an idiotic idea

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/european-institute/highlights/2013-14/immigration

Since 2000 Immigrants have contributed more than they have taken :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest