University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Anyone doing chemistry at sheffield

Anyone going to sheffield uni to do chem? Havent found anyone yet :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Samm10

Fourth year here :P I don't think I really found anyone before I went either actually, although I ended up living with a girl doing chemistry too so that was cool.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
I am ^_^
There's a few of us, I just haven't seen many for ages except Nymthae or .snowflake. who aren't freshers. :smile:
Reply 3
I am as well :biggrin: There is a group on Facebook too, if you have facebook, that you could join
Reply 4
Ah cool glad to finally find some people, ill join the facebook group, thanks :smile:
Yep, I'm doing chemistry, which accommodation are you in?
Reply 6
Original post by Moronic-Acid

I went through clearing so havent been allocated accommodation yet, hoping to get into endcliffe but i doubt theres spaces left there now :/ which are you in?
Original post by Samm10
I went through clearing so havent been allocated accommodation yet, hoping to get into endcliffe but i doubt theres spaces left there now :/ which are you in?

I'm in the same situation :/ I don't think I'm gonna get in either. Have you looked at accommodation in the private sector yet?
Reply 8
I'm in the same situation :/ I don't think I'm gonna get in either. Have you looked at accommodation in the private sector yet?

Not yet, hopefully i wont have to either! Have you started looking at private places?
Original post by Samm10
Not yet, hopefully i wont have to either! Have you started looking at private places?

I've just looked at student apartments in the area. I just hope it isn't going to effect my social life :/ There's one called Sheffield 3 Derwent or something like that. But hopefully it won't have to come to that. Have you been to Sheffield uni before?
Reply 10
I've just looked at student apartments in the area. I just hope it isn't going to effect my social life :/ There's one called Sheffield 3 Derwent or something like that. But hopefully it won't have to come to that. Have you been to Sheffield uni before?

Yeah thats what im worried about, which is why i really want to get a room in endcliffe, although i wouldnt mind ranmoor either. I may start having a look at those private halls though! Yeah ive been twice, came for an open day then for an interview, what about you?
Original post by Samm10
Yeah thats what im worried about, which is why i really want to get a room in endcliffe, although i wouldnt mind ranmoor either. I may start having a look at those private halls though! Yeah ive been twice, came for an open day then for an interview, what about you?

[INDENT]Same I'm really hoping for any accommodation. With private accommodation, I hope they could put 1st years together... I've only been once, but I've never been to the chemistry department before :/ I missed my offers and York and Manchester by like 5 UMS :/ Where were you originally planning on going to?[/INDENT]

Reply 12

Same I'm really hoping for any accommodation. With private accommodation, I hope they could put 1st years together... I've only been once, but I've never been to the chemistry department before :/ I missed my offers and York and Manchester by like 5 UMS :/ Where were you originally planning on going to?

Yeah i think they try to put first years together. From what i remember sheffield has a pretty good chem department but the labs didnt strike me as amazing. Aw thats a shame, i managed to get into my firm (st andrews) but changed my mind about going there because id rather be in a city and st andrews seems to be full of snobs :/
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Samm10
Yeah i think they try to put first years together, you never know we could end up in the same one if we had to go into private haha! From what i remember sheffield has a pretty good chem department but the labs didnt strike me as amazing. Aw thats a shame, i managed to get into my firm (st andrews) but changed my mind about going there because id rather be in a city and st andrews seems to be full of snobs :/

Aww okay :smile: Congrats in getting into your firm :biggrin: Sheffield's more fun :wink: I hope they put first years together, I don't wanna be alone...:frown:
Reply 14
Aww okay :smile: Congrats in getting into your firm :biggrin: Sheffield's more fun :wink: I hope they put first years together, I don't wanna be alone...:frown:

Thanks, but yeah thats what i was thinking haha! Im sure you wont be, anyway youll make friends on the course and through socities who you can live with after the first year :smile:
Original post by Samm10

Original post by Exodecai
I am ^_^
There's a few of us, I just haven't seen many for ages except Nymthae or .snowflake. who aren't freshers. :smile:

Original post by BOOM!!!
I am as well :biggrin: There is a group on Facebook too, if you have facebook, that you could join

Holla. soon to be third year here. (how the flip did that happen, I know NOTHING)
Feel free to PM me if you have questions, even if it's things like 'they don't expect me to be amazing in labs do they???' or 'Is Ed really as scary as everyone says he is?'
Coffee will become your best friend, and the real university challenge is attending your 9am lectures when you're still hungover from the night before. Btw, Prof. Fowlers Quantum mechanics exam in first year is nowhere near as bad as the lectures make you think it'll be, but finding a friend with dyslexia and hence a dictaphone is so helpful.

Original post by Nymthae
QFA.

Still gutted Carole's left. What am I supposed to do if my life goes to **** now? Sobbing my lungs out in Ian's office will not go down well - he'll panic bless him. and Meijer has the emotional range of a teaspoon :/
Reply 16
Original post by .snowflake.
Holla. soon to be third year here. (how the flip did that happen, I know NOTHING)
Feel free to PM me if you have questions, even if it's things like 'they don't expect me to be amazing in labs do they???' or 'Is Ed really as scary as everyone says he is?'
Coffee will become your best friend, and the real university challenge is attending your 9am lectures when you're still hungover from the night before. Btw, Prof. Fowlers Quantum mechanics exam in first year is nowhere near as bad as the lectures make you think it'll be, but finding a friend with dyslexia and hence a dictaphone is so helpful.
:/

Haha thanks, but err... Who is Ed? And is he scary?...
Original post by Samm10
Haha thanks, but err... Who is Ed? And is he scary?...

Did you get any accommodation?? :biggrin:
Reply 18
Did you get any accommodation?? :biggrin:

Yeah i got into allen court which isnt really where i wanted to go but at least i got something :/ did you?
Original post by Samm10
Yeah i got into allen court which isnt really where i wanted to go but at least i got something :/ did you?

Yeah I got Stephenson ( in Endcliffe). I didn't really want that one either. I'm just glad I don't have to house hunt I guess :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending