The Student Room Group

Hello, my name is -maddy-!

I'm studying... I am about to start my AS levels . I am thinking of studying chemistry, english literature, philosophy and drama, however, i am unsure about these options. I am also working on the EPQ.

I'm interested in... I am currently interested in politics and debating, i also love acting and drama.

I'm thinking about... studying politics/ english/ law at a russell group university or an american university.
Reply 1
Original post by -maddy-
I'm studying... I am about to start my AS levels . I am thinking of studying chemistry, english literature, philosophy and drama, however, i am unsure about these options. I am also working on the EPQ.

I'm interested in... I am currently interested in politics and debating, i also love acting and drama.

I'm thinking about... studying politics/ english/ law at a russell group university or an american university.

Welcome to :tsr:

If you need any help with your studies then check out Study help and our A-levels section.

How have your exam results been?

You might also like to have a look at University and university courses

Feel free to ask me any questions. I'll be happy to help.
Reply 2
Hi Maddy,

I'm Ellie, I study English language, philosophy, history and Spanish at AS level. I am about to go into my second year and study the same except philosophy.

If you have any questions about AS philosophy feel free to ask x
Reply 3
Original post by Elliemc96
Hi Maddy,

I'm Ellie, I study English language, philosophy, history and Spanish at AS level. I am about to go into my second year and study the same except philosophy.

If you have any questions about AS philosophy feel free to ask x

Thank you, thats so kind of you i will. x
Reply 4
Original post by -maddy-
Thank you, thats so kind of you i will. x

I'm glad, I was wondering did you take Philosophy and Ethics at GCSE?
Reply 5
Original post by Elliemc96
I'm glad, I was wondering did you take Philosophy and Ethics at GCSE?

No my school doesn't offer it. I did take RS which touched on philosophy and ethics.
Reply 6
Oh yeah, RS is very similar. My friend took that at GCSE and went on to do very well in her AS Philosophy and Ethics. My tips would be:
-Get two folders straight away, I waited until a few months in to divide Phil and Eth and it just got complicated. Be super organised as there is a lot of paper work

-Try and revise essay plans or content for 20 minutes each day. There is a lot to learn, so instead of freaking out a month before the mocks or exams, a slow gradual approach will really help

-Also mnemonics and little rhymes were my best friend for this subject, for Bentham's Util. We had a little phrase to help remember his Hedonic Calculus. I Don't Care For Red Plastic Eggs= Intensity, Duration, Certainty,Fecundity,Remoteness,Purity and Extent (Sorry to scare you, but this will all make sense soon)

Hope this has helped, if you ever need any tips or advice don't hesitate to ask :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest