The Student Room Group

What's it like starting college?

I'm starting college this September just wanna know how Year 13's+ react to new comers? Or how do you react to them? Not necessarily worried, just curious.Also for any people doing a BTEC do you start placement in the first week or do you wait a few weeks? What happens on the induction day?
Reply 1
Glad I'm not alone, I've been worried also xD
Reply 2
Original post by DebkoX
Glad I'm not alone, I've been worried also xD

Hopefully we get some answers.
I guess it's similar to how you reacted in Year 11 to new Year 7s. I wouldn't be that worried, in all honesty. After all, they were in the same position as you once :lol:
Reply 4
Its exciting!
As a Year 13 this year I am looking forward to the new intake actually, to see how they cope with a levels and just generally have new faces about:smile:
Reply 6
Original post by laylarose
I guess it's similar to how you reacted in Year 11 to new Year 7s. I wouldn't be that worried, in all honesty. After all, they were in the same position as you once :lol:

I guess that's alright then, I hardly payed much attention to the year 7's tbh.
Reply 7
Original post by Charletitia
As a Year 13 this year I am looking forward to the new intake actually, to see how they cope with a levels and just generally have new faces about:smile:

Ooh okay, thanks for the reply. All the best in A2 btw.
No problemo! Thankyou and good luck with AS, don't be afraid to ask any A2 students at your school, I'm sure they'll be happy to help with any queries regarding their first year of a levels! :biggrin:
At my college, all the A2 students got annoyed at the AS ones when they first got there because they had no idea where to go and kept holding things up by making queue's everywhere :tongue: that's honestly the worst it will get - everyone was fine with each other :smile:
Original post by Charletitia
No problemo! Thankyou and good luck with AS, don't be afraid to ask any A2 students at your school, I'm sure they'll be happy to help with any queries regarding their first year of a levels! :biggrin:

Thankyou, & haha might try :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest